Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

LS1 front brake upgrade questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:00 PM

LS1 front brake upgrade questions

i am upgrading to a ls1 front brake setup and was wondering if there is any special brake line/hoses i need

it is out of a 98 and going in a 95

i have since deleted my abs/asr

i have spindles hubs brackets just need to know if i need special lines

thanks phil
Old 05-19-2012, 07:05 AM

Re: LS1 front brake upgrade questions

The orientation of the hard line and the bracket that secures the flex/hard line to the frame are different between the LT and LS. As i recall, the end result is the LT lines are too long and the LS are too short. Think most people buy the lines for the vette; maybe they are in between? I bought LS brackets at the junk yard, and bent, cut and re-flared the brake lines so I could use the LS lines.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by pgerst
The orientation of the hard line and the bracket that secures the flex/hard line to the frame are different between the LT and LS. As i recall, the end result is the LT lines are too long and the LS are too short. Think most people buy the lines for the vette; maybe they are in between? I bought LS brackets at the junk yard, and bent, cut and re-flared the brake lines so I could use the LS lines.
ok so i would have to order 98+ braided lines?
bend new lines from line loc?bpv?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:19 AM

Yes, I used 98+ lines, sounds like you may have had trac control so there is a different set for that as you get an extra rear line with trac control. I reused the old hard lines, cut them down a bit and bent them, as well as need to reflare them. Again, the LS has a different bracket as well from the LT that you will need to get at a junkyard. Here is a picture of the LS line and bracket: http://www.flickr.com/photos/72745513@N02/72334
Old 05-20-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by pgerst
Yes, I used 98+ lines, sounds like you may have had trac control so there is a different set for that as you get an extra rear line with trac control. I reused the old hard lines, cut them down a bit and bent them, as well as need to reflare them. Again, the LS has a different bracket as well from the LT that you will need to get at a junkyard. Here is a picture of the LS line and bracket: http://www.flickr.com/photos/72745513@N02/72334
i will take it off the k member i got. i deleted traction control and put one line to back of car instead of 2. thanks for the help