Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

wow...ChrisFrez and JasonD could be rich!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 01:59 PM

Re: wow...ChrisFrez and JasonD could be rich!!

I remember when some guy tried to figure out the kind of cash that the owner of LS1Tech makes because of the paid advertisers. I believe it was in the 6 figure range.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:00 PM

Well worth the $10 I paid considering the amount of time and money I have saved using this site. I had a nice Christmas bonus so I donated to all the sites I frequent or have used in the past.

I would have donated $20.

Thanks for the website and all the work you do.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
And for the record, if all 126 Supporting Members paid the current $10 donation it would cover about 2/3 of one monthly hosting bill.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:14 PM

And for the record, if all 126 Supporting Members paid the current $10 donation it would cover about 2/3 of one monthly hosting bill.
That cost more than my house payment (if I read that right and did the math right)
Old 01-19-2005, 02:17 PM

I will become one once I have the money to paypal.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:24 PM

Yeah I am kinda of curious as well, what kinda of bandwidth does a site like this use?

How much does the entire site take up in space?

Do the google text ads help much?
Old 01-19-2005, 02:33 PM

Pardon my ignorance but how do you become a supporting member? I mean I see a lot of people with avatars and only some of them have "supporting memble" as a title. I'm confused.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by mr00jimbo
Pardon my ignorance but how do you become a supporting member? I mean I see a lot of people with avatars and only some of them have "supporting memble" as a title. I'm confused.
http://web.camaross.com/forums/subscriptions.php

(Or look in the upper left below "Mischellanous" and "Message Board Help" is "Become a Supporting Member!")
Old 01-19-2005, 02:54 PM

i realize they don't get rich....that has been addressed many times over the past 7 yrs...

i was just saying that if everyone who was active...paid the $$ for supporting member...

but anyway...THANKS chris and jason
Old 01-19-2005, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by mr00jimbo
How can you come here as often as you do and not know?

I spend enough time in here so paying the $10 seemed fair to me. And I like changing my avatar all the time anyway.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:34 PM

wow only 126 supporting members
Old 01-19-2005, 03:41 PM

Cool Re: wow...ChrisFrez and JasonD could be rich!!

Joking or not, let's clear up a few things right now so the jokes don't manifest into false rumors. It happens.

Nearly every dime we get goes back into this site. At the end of the year, we might have a few bucks left over. Not much. The site is self-supporting

We do not get rich off this site. Frezza and I have day jobs. If we didn't need them we wouldn't have them.

There was once a rumor that GM paid for our cars. That is one of the most laughable (and borderline moronic) thing I have ever heard. We make car payments like anyone else. GM has never given us anything other than a bit of common information, and that was not given directly.

There are over 50k registered accounts here. Some are very active, some are only active a little bit, and some are not active at all. We don't kill unused accounts simply for the sake of it. Those accounts might have been created with the idea of being used in the future. The last thing we need is someone e-mailing us saying "I made an account 6 months ago, and it is gone." I can forsee getting a few of those every day and it would be an administration nightmare.

As of right now, there are 126 Supporting Members. If we had 10,000, that would be nice, but if we had 10, that would be fine, too, and we wouldn't bitch. It was something that we set up to help the site out and go give members some bonus features if they wanted it. It is not a requirement nor even expected. We don't have dozens of sponsors beating our doors down, so we need all the help we can get. The same goes for our merchandise, etc. Every little bit helps ease the load each month.

We run this site with a tremendous amount of integrity and honor, and many don't easily see that. So we just do our best and thank everyone who supports this site at any level.
I KNEW THAT, ALREADY!

For the love of the game!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 03:47 PM

I totally believe it..

Either way, I think this message board is one of the best managed ones out there.. its uptime and performance is great.

Joking or not, let's clear up a few things right now so the jokes don't manifest into false rumors. It happens.

Nearly every dime we get goes back into this site. At the end of the year, we might have a few bucks left over. Not much. The site is self-supporting

We do not get rich off this site. Frezza and I have day jobs. If we didn't need them we wouldn't have them.

There was once a rumor that GM paid for our cars. That is one of the most laughable (and borderline moronic) thing I have ever heard. We make car payments like anyone else. GM has never given us anything other than a bit of common information, and that was not given directly.

There are over 50k registered accounts here. Some are very active, some are only active a little bit, and some are not active at all. We don't kill unused accounts simply for the sake of it. Those accounts might have been created with the idea of being used in the future. The last thing we need is someone e-mailing us saying "I made an account 6 months ago, and it is gone." I can forsee getting a few of those every day and it would be an administration nightmare.

As of right now, there are 126 Supporting Members. If we had 10,000, that would be nice, but if we had 10, that would be fine, too, and we wouldn't bitch. It was something that we set up to help the site out and go give members some bonus features if they wanted it. It is not a requirement nor even expected. We don't have dozens of sponsors beating our doors down, so we need all the help we can get. The same goes for our merchandise, etc. Every little bit helps ease the load each month.

We run this site with a tremendous amount of integrity and honor, and many don't easily see that. So we just do our best and thank everyone who supports this site at any level.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx
or 2% of the 50k, or 4,000 (1000) routinely active members who consider this site to be their primary message board and are here pretty consistantly.

Now we'll give a very optimistic estimate and say that 50% of those people are or will soon become supporting members. Down to 2,000 (500) supporting members - optimistically (in other words I doubt that number is going to be hit anywhere in the near future).

2,000 (500) x 10 is 20,000 (5000) dollars a year divided by 2 guys
Originally Posted by Threxx
Oops... got 100k in my head for some reason.

But anyway... you would divide my end estimate by 2, not four. Booya!
20,000 divided by 2 is 5000?? Ok, I'll let it go now.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:00 PM

the only reason i became a supporting member was so i could change my avatar

Quick Reply: wow...ChrisFrez and JasonD could be rich!!