Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

[Suggestion] Vote Up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 10:03 PM

Vote Up!

On the Underground MMA forum, there's a cool feature for their version of a premium member...

Each post has a Vote Up or Vote Down feature. I don't think we'd really need the Vote Down feature as it's kind of like our Report button.

Say someone posts a good thread about a new, never before pictured 5th Gen Camaro SS that has professional photography and an excellent write up. If you're a premium member, you get the option to Vote Up their post. You get three Vote Ups per day. (You can't Vote Up yourself.)

Each member gets a Vote Up tally, that only moderators or administrators can see, and at the end of each month the member with the most Vote Ups gets something, say like three months free premium membership. Or three months added on to their current membership. Or a free year premium membership.

Even if you gave away a free year every month, you're only giving away "board" money, so it's not like you lose anything.

You could announce it every month or something. This was posted by the owner of the Underground...

Originally Posted by Kirik
Congratulations to TSGIGOR for once again being the Vote Up winner for the month (Oct).

TSGIGOR is so awesome he did not just edge out the competition, he did not not just double the competition, he earned FIVE TIME more Vote Ups that anyone else on the board. About 100 times more than me :-)

What would a nice Karma Winner prize be??!?
TSGIGOR had posted a few threads of behind-the-scenes Fedor Emelianenko pictures which apparently people really enjoyed.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

So, basically like reps and negs on the BB forum?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:01 PM

We need karma and bad karma in the lounge area.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906
So, basically like reps and negs on the BB forum?
I don't know anything about them, but possibly.

I just like that it's hidden. No public feedback or anything, just a "Hey, I really enjoyed this post and want this guy to possibly get something from it."