Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.
View Poll Results: PLEASE READ THE POST CAREFULLY and VOTE (no replies to post necessary)
It is awesome! I like the features and I use it all the time.
12.90%
It is okay, there are a few things I would like to see changed.
41.94%
I don't like it much, but I use it anyway. Whatever.
11.29%
I tried it but I think it sucks so I don't use it now. Please bring back the old Marketplace forums.
33.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INPUT

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INPUT

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Okay, the new Classified's system has been up and running for a couple of months now and while there have been a few glitches here and there, it has been used a lot (3,330 listings have been made at the time of this post).

Surprisingly, the feedback system hasn't been used much.

Regardless, we want to know what everyone thinks about the system.

If you have used the system even once to browse, buy or sell, please vote in the poll above. Please don't bother posting what you do or don't liike about it or what you would like changed about it, we just want to know your answer to the choices above as the system stands today.

If you don't read this post completely and don't vote but instead start yammering on in a reply about what you would like to see changed, that will constitute as proof of being stupid and you shall face the scrutiny of the entire community.

So please, no commentary and just simply vote honestly with the choice that matches how you feel the best.

Any outcome does not guarantee anything, we just want to know what everyone thinks right now.

THIS POLL WILL AUTOMATICALLY CLOSE on 7-21-06
Old 07-08-2006, 09:09 AM

Re: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INPUT

I love the thing, compared to the old style. I even have the classifields set up as my homepage.

As for constructive critiquing, you hit it on the head in your first post. the feedback. I have bought rougly 10-15 things off the classifieds already, but i have no feedback.

And maybe a way to call "dibs" on an item. There have been a couple of times where I have negotiated price/terms on an item, just to have the seller sell the item the next day to someone else.

Other than that, it rocks!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:10 PM

Re: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR I

I dont like it one bit, its hard to sell a lot parts at once as u have to make a lot of posts. Also it seems a lot of people quit using it all toghter? It is very hard to sell stuff these days...coinsidance ? I would love to go back to the old style, had no problems selling anything then.

Last edited by xxsaint69x; 07-08-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:57 PM

Re: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR I

Originally Posted by xxsaint69x
I dont like it one bit, its hard to sell a lot parts at once as u have to make a lot of posts. Also it seems a lot of people quit using it all toghter? It is very hard to sell stuff these days...coinsidance ? I would love to go back to the old style, had no problems selling anything then.
+1

I quit using it. I tried to sell a few things, and had horrible luck. Ive purchased a couple things, but the way it is now, I only go in there looking for a certain something, not just to brouse and buy random stuff.

BTW, I love this way of doing things: http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...splay.php?f=73
Old 07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Banned

Re: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INPUT

the old style with the newer features would be nice ...

ie: being able to label your item with the categories we now currently have, but still be able to list everything in the previous format. this would allow us to search for a category of item rather than the 50 different spellings of a particular item.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Surprisingly, the feedback system hasn't been used much.
I don't know about other auctions but with mine the buyer never went through the official purchasing method on the board... he just PM'd me and sent me a cashier's check.

But that's because he was on business in Ireland and had a business partner in the US who owed some money to another partner in nigeria so he....
j/k (About the second part)
Old 07-12-2006, 10:52 AM

The ad should go to the top of the page with every new post.

I couldn't edit my ad after I placed it, that was a while ago that I tried though.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Thanks for the input guys, but we are not looking for suggestions on what to change, we want to know what everone thinks as it stands RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY...

If you have used the system even once to browse, buy or sell, please vote in the poll above. Please don't bother posting what you do or don't liike about it or what you would like changed about it, we just want to know your answer to the choices above as the system stands today.

If you don't read this post completely and don't vote but instead start yammering on in a reply about what you would like to see changed, that will constitute as proof of being stupid and you shall face the scrutiny of the entire community.

So please, no commentary and just simply vote honestly with the choice that matches how you feel the best.

Any outcome does not guarantee anything, we just want to know what everyone thinks right now.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:43 PM

Thanks for the input guys, but we are not looking for suggestions on what to change, we want to know what everone thinks as it stands RIGHT NOW.
why dont u sticky that in the classified section, kinda pathetic only 30 people voted since Sunday
Old 07-12-2006, 02:54 PM

One thing I don't like is that you can't (or I am just computer illiterate) TTT posts....
Old 07-12-2006, 03:00 PM

For those in the community who read the instructions carefully, you now realize that I'M STUPID!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:42 PM

i like it i didnt even know u could leave feedback though .
Old 07-17-2006, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by jy211
One thing I don't like is that you can't (or I am just computer illiterate) TTT posts....
I LOVE that you can't TTT posts... it's simply unfair to push others down like that. If your auction didn't get the results you hoped for by the time it's pushed off the front page, then perhaps you should recreate the auction with a significantly lower price or something, but just TTT'ing your same old auction is kinda unfair to those new auctions that were just posted.

You don't see ebay allowing "TTT", do ya?
Old 07-25-2006, 05:22 PM

Me likey! A lot easier to get around.

Could use a forum Jump menu at the bottom.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:45 PM

I like it but it seems that the volume of people has gone down dramaticaly since the new system started. Not sure why but once you learn the features it is really a great new system.

Everyone wanted a feed back system and now its here, but nobody is using it.

Quick Reply: For those of you who have used the new Classifieds System - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INPUT