Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

still slow, and search not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:33 PM

Re: still slow, and search not working

Originally Posted by JasonD
What just happened? What were you trying to do? Search? Load a thread? Reply? PM? We need to know these things, we cannot just take guesses.

You guys can post "it just happened again" all day long and that doesn't tell us a single thing.

We keep saying that we need specifics on what you guys are doing when "it" happens, and very few people actually take the time to type out a two minute post giving us info. Until then, we have nothing to go on and we can't help.

For example...
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446889

There's dozens of posts in this forum with people complaining, yet not a single post in that thread to give us any info.
"it" is basically every single function of the board hanging up until eventually the page times out. But not before you are forced to stare at a blank page for 3 or 4 minutes.

Today there were two occasions where I couldn't even get into the forums, so I had to just leave and go to other boards for a while.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
"it" is basically every single function of the board hanging up until eventually the page times out. But not before you are forced to stare at a blank page for 3 or 4 minutes.

Today there were two occasions where I couldn't even get into the forums, so I had to just leave and go to other boards for a while.
Ditto, its not just certain functions for me its every part of the board. Thats why i'd just post that it was happening so you'd have a time that it was happening to me. The search function for me lately is always a crap shoot wether or not the rest of the board is working good or not. Good luck finding and locating the problem.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:36 PM

I just clicked on a thread in LT1 tech, read it, and clicked the back button. It took several min before it reloaded LT1 tech.

Oh yea, and when it finally loaded, I got a pop up telling me I had a new PM. So I opened that up, and it was from yesterday, and I had already read it

Last edited by Josh'95Z28conv; 05-07-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:40 PM

This happens to me every day I visit the site.

I click on the message board and it's fine, click on the lounge or LT1tech, or what not and it is fine. Then when I try to PM someone, reply to a thread, start a thread, literally do any operation on the site, it just stays still. The next page won't even begin to load the majority of the time, though other times it just takes ~10 minutes to open a new thread, a reply, etc.

This has been going on for at least 3 months with me and is worse in the 8 am to 5 pm range, Kansas time.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:25 PM

Could I get a quick poll as to how many people have their site options set to 40 or so items per page? Reason im asking is that another friend doesn't and hes had zero problems at all with the site.
(Were both DBA's too so we would really notice these kinds of things )

This sounds like a server side issue, probably database related. I don't know much on how the site is setup but that would be my initial guess...
Old 05-28-2006, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by toby360
Could I get a quick poll as to how many people have their site options set to 40 or so items per page?
I do.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:50 PM

Man this thread is cursed. I was doing good for a couple weeks, then I clicked on this thread. Then I backed out. The next thread I clicked on it took several min to load the page. Damn.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:22 AM

This is happening to me as well. I was going to make a thread about it but saw this one. When it happens I open a new tab and browse other sites.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:46 PM

Happens to me on a daily basis as well.

Basically, ANY sort of function I try on the site stalls out for anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. It might be when I try to view a thread... or reply to a thread... or refresh a forum list... any of these, at random time I'll try it and get stalled.

In the Lounge, it can be pretty readily detected because a 5-10 minute period of no posts will appear for no good reason... but I imagine this becomes harder to see as time passes, since threads are being brought back to the top constantly.

I'll try and keep a record of exactly when this happens and report here.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 AM

OK, first report: Just now, I was viewing a thread in the Lounge and clicked the link to return to the Lounge. I then waited 7-8 minutes for the action to be completed. During this time, I read some news stories and watched a video on Youtube, all the while watching CZ28 in another tab.

FYI, I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.4.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:10 AM

I am having daily problems as well. The site freezes up constantly, and when it does I open another tab to surf elsewhere until it finally loads.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:40 AM

Weird. I havnt had any problems for a while now
Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 AM

Same here. Using IE w/ a cable modem connection. Pages are slow. Search doesn`t work for me anymore. All other websites are just fine. Has Happened for several days. Doubt its on my end. Any help???
Old 09-11-2006, 11:31 AM

This has been an issue for quite some time. Seems to me that MOST (note MOST, sometimes it's the entire website) of the time cz28.com will load, I can click onto the message board link and it'll load, but when it's "down" if I click a specific forum it just stops. Once it starts going it seems fine for awhile.

I've had this problem countless times when posting, reading, searching, etc. Sometimes it won't happen at all, sometimes it's unbearable. I've had waits of anywhere from 30 seconds to about 15 minutes (guesstimate).

I wanted to see if it was browser related (I use Firefox), so I opened up IE and same thing. Every other website I open pops right up.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mikes25thAnnTA
This has been an issue for quite some time. Seems to me that MOST (note MOST, sometimes it's the entire website) of the time cz28.com will load, I can click onto the message board link and it'll load, but when it's "down" if I click a specific forum it just stops. Once it starts going it seems fine for awhile.

I've had this problem countless times when posting, reading, searching, etc. Sometimes it won't happen at all, sometimes it's unbearable. I've had waits of anywhere from 30 seconds to about 15 minutes (guesstimate).

I wanted to see if it was browser related (I use Firefox), so I opened up IE and same thing. Every other website I open pops right up.
Yep, it does that to me quite often. Today has been horrible though. It took me about 20 minutes to be able to read a PM I got from another member. The site seems to run fine for about 10-15 minutes, then you'll get anywhere from 5-10 minutes where nothing works. Quite frustrating.