Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

[Solved] Spam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:28 PM

Spam?

Got this in a PM:

Hi,

My name is [REMOVED] and I work at [REMOVED]. I am currently partnered with [REMOVED]to distribute content and updates around the launch of the all new [REMOVED]. To kick off the campaign, we released new photos which you can find posted below. You might have already come across this content, but I just wanted to personally make sure you and your board members received these first-look photos. Feel free to do with them what you like (news, feature, thread, etc.). I realize this board is geared towards Camaro, but I do think a few of your community members will be excited to check out the new model.

[REMOVED] Photos: [REMOVED]
Total Photos: 3 (front, back, interior)

This is only the beginning, as the [REMOVED] is about to embark on a journey across country called the [REMOVED], which I should have some more details on soon.

Again, just wanted to share the photos and formally introduce myself to the team. I hope to share more exciting [REMOVED] updates with your community in the future! Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach me by email ([REMOVED]).

Many thanks,
[REMOVED]
Spammer bot?

Last edited by JasonD; 11-13-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Removed identifying information
Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Admin Emeritus

Not a bot, clearly someone new to marketing world and/or doesn't know what spam is or simply doesn't care. They e-mailed us asking if we were interested in telling our community the exact same message. We replied that we were not interested as our community is not even close to being focused on their products. Regardless, they created an account to spam people with PM messages. They didn't get far and now the people at the site they spammed will know about it.

Thanks for letting me know, Grip.