Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Site Video Embed System Suggestions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Banned

Re: Site Video Embed System Suggestions Thread

Originally Posted by camaro383tt
links to the sites besides the one you posted in teh other thread.

would size be an issue then, that would be a big thing to add in a small space.
Not for me but for ppl with low res it prob would be.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:25 PM

regarding the size of the stuff int eh pop up. the use of space seems very inefficient. there is a lot of wasted space at the bottom. i suggest you reshape the AD (taller but narrower), enlarge the video, maybe make the text under the video more compact and smaller. rearrange the related video part in someway to allow for the main video to be bigger.

speakign of related videos....
[autostream]http://autostream.com/camaroz28/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=105&t ransactionid=1296249933-208185201194&posted_by=camaro383tt_camaroz28.com[/autostream]
Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Banned

I saw that video this morning... what 13 year old would turn in a woman like that? Geezuz
Old 01-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by J3ff
What about just taking exactly what shows up in the pop up......and making it show up in the post.
*sigh* Please see the previous posts.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

regarding the size of the stuff int eh pop up. the use of space seems very inefficient. there is a lot of wasted space at the bottom. i suggest you reshape the AD (taller but narrower), enlarge the video, maybe make the text under the video more compact and smaller. rearrange the related video part in someway to allow for the main video to be bigger.
Good stuff.

BTW...don't call it a "pop up". Pop-ups are bad. Call it a Lightbox or a "modal window". That is what it is.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Good stuff.

BTW...don't call it a "pop up". Pop-ups are bad. Call it a Lightbox or a "modal window". That is what it is.
for all of us non IT nerds its a pop up.

it pops up out of whatever i was doing. its annoying IMO.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:16 PM

I have no problem with it on my PC, on my netbook it's a whole different story We'll eventually adjust, just like everything else.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:01 PM
dtp

for all of us non IT nerds its a pop up.

it pops up out of whatever i was doing. its annoying IMO.
I agree, it's a distraction. If I came to the board and every thread began with a video, I'd probably no longer have a vitamin D deficiency.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:18 PM

is there any way to add more than one video to a post?

i just tried posting a couple in one of elguapo's threads and could only do one. having to make multiple posts is a pain in the ***. he wanted music recommendations so it makes sense to put multiple youtube links up.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Administrator

testing 10%u0025u0025 20% 30% 40% 50%
Old 01-31-2011, 10:56 AM

if we do not want to embed the video what do we do?

lets say we have a HOT video of a sexy mdacton in a bikini and he is posing with a new zr1. its pg13 but maybe NSFW.

if we paste a link to the video it embeds it

[autostream]http://autostream.com/camaroz28/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=162&t ransactionid=1296492970-208185201194&posted_by=camaro383tt_camaroz28.com[/autostream]

if we post that url in as a link it goes all out of wack

[URL="[autostream]http://autostream.com/camaroz28/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=162&t ransactionid=1296492970-208185201194&posted_by=camaro383tt_camaroz28.com[/autostream]]http://autostream.com/camaroz28/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=162&t ransactionid=1296492970-208185201194&posted_by=camaro383tt_camaroz28.com[/autostream]]
Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 PM

ok, so... idk if something has been changed or not, but i can click on the video and it opens it in youtube. I just discovered another problem though... i was in jasons red light runners thread. I clicked on the video and played about 30 seconds of it. I then came up with a comment and paused the video and clicked outside the video. which closed the video and I had to start over. Its just annoying. I used to do that alot when i could open the video in another tab. Id pause it go type what i was gonna say so i wouldnt forget it then go back to the video... Again I will plead to be able to turn the feature off. I would rather have the link...
Old 02-02-2011, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by VladimirSteel
ok, so... idk if something has been changed or not, but i can click on the video and it opens it in youtube. I just discovered another problem though... i was in jasons red light runners thread. I clicked on the video and played about 30 seconds of it. I then came up with a comment and paused the video and clicked outside the video. which closed the video and I had to start over. Its just annoying. I used to do that alot when i could open the video in another tab. Id pause it go type what i was gonna say so i wouldnt forget it then go back to the video... Again I will plead to be able to turn the feature off. I would rather have the link...
i agree with this guy. sometimes i will open a video and wait for the entire thing to load (or whatever its called). while I am waiting I would liek to be reading the rest of the thread.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by VladimirSteel
Excellent suggestion. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:33 AM

the pop up video has the full screen button in the bottom right corner of the video. would it be possible to make that button do full screen in the pop up instead of full screen in the entire window? that would be nice. if someone wanted actual full screen then they could always double click and do it in youtube

Quick Reply: Site Video Embed System Suggestions Thread