Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Sig Line Limit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 10:18 AM

Sig Line Limit?

This is directed at PhantomTA:

I have not posted since you PMed me the first time.
I have been on this Board for almost 4 years and have never had a problem with this board or my sig. I stopped posting as much a while ago, because I didn't care for the old software. I chose to post on ls1.com.

But now that CZ28 decided to upgrade their software to something I like, I decided to start posting again. But then I get this. I have the same sig on 2 other boards with no problems. I don't post it in every post.

But now the default is "show sig" so sometimes I forgot to uncheck it.

I also see almost every other user with long sigs.

Wouldn't it be better to limit users to not post their sig in every post and set the default to not show sig?

My sig might be a bit long, but it is readable. Isn't part of posting a way to show off your ride?

Anyways, that is my thought on this. And if you continue to force me to shorten my sig. You will lose a long time reader and poster and I will be have no choice but to post on ls1.com. TIA.
Old 12-27-2002, 10:50 AM
Admin Emeritus

Re: Sig Line Limit?

Originally posted by Ed
This is directed at PhantomTA:

I have not posted since you PMed me the first time.
This is the Site Suggestions and Help forum. Why did you make this public, especially after you already e-mailed him?

Anyway...

I have been on this Board for almost 4 years and have never had a problem with this board or my sig.
This is nothing new. We have asked for people to keep 5 lines or less in their signature sice the day we started this board. This is in the site FAQ, and in the area where you edit your signature.

But then I get this. I have the same sig on 2 other boards with no problems. I don't post it in every post.
Please don't compare how we run this site to how people run other sites. We do not care how other people run their sites as we are not responsible for that. We can only be concerned with how we run OUR site.

But now the default is "show sig" so sometimes I forgot to uncheck it.
It is not our fault that you decide to have an extra long sig and forget uncheck the box. Shorten the sig like we ask and the problem would be solved.

I also see almost every other user with long sigs.
You know what they say about 2 wrongs...

Wouldn't it be better to limit users to not post their sig in every post and set the default to not show sig?
Even better, You already have a web site in your sig, just leave it at that and let people view your info it they WANT to? Shorten the sig like we ask and the problem would be solved.

We aren't asking anything from you that we don't ask from everyone else. I don't see what the big deal is.

Anyways, that is my thought on this. And if you continue to force me to shorten my sig. You will lose a long time reader and poster and I will be have no choice but to post on ls1.com. TIA.
Hold on...

You are THREATENING to leave this site, based solely on the fact that you don't want to comply with OUR rules and policies?

Have a good one over at LS1.Com.