Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

For sale section

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 01:18 PM

Post For sale section

I would really really appreciate it if you all were to divide the for sale section into a "Cars only" and "Parts only" or "misc." I'm shopping for a z28, and wading through the parts list is near impossible. It would really be very helpful, and i would assume i'm not the only one in this situation.

Thanks!
Jason

------------------
The fastest way from point A to point B is in an F-Body.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:39 PM
Admin Emeritus

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=67948
Old 07-15-2002, 11:40 PM

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JasonD:
http://web.camaross.com/bb/Forum3/HTML/000645.html

</font>
I understand where you are coming from, but i dont personally believe dividing the for sale section into one for cars and one for parts would create any confusion. Looking for a car is a pretty important decision, and it is very difficult to do with all of the parts listed as well. Just my opinion
-Jason

------------------
The fastest way from point A to point B is in an F-Body.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:51 PM
Advanced Tech Moderator

But really when you watch the for sale section there really arent that many cars that are sold. So why create a new forum that would barely be used?

------------------
Ken Mook - 97' SS #2544
Advanced Tech Posting Guidelines
  • Almost Alive: ?rwhp & ?rwtq Naturally Aspirated on the Stock Bottom End.
  • Stage 3 Pro Performance Heads, Solid Roller 242/248 Cam, Endur-X Lifters,
  • Jet Hot Hooker LTs, True Dual 3" Exhaust with x-pipe, and the list goes on and on...

[This message has been edited by kmook (edited July 16, 2002).]
Old 07-18-2002, 01:28 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kmook:
But really when you watch the for sale section there really arent that many cars that are sold. So why create a new forum that would barely be used?

</font>
Why? So you can find those few cars for sale amongst all those parts.

I think there is enough cars for sale. This forum is barely used too, should we toss Suggestion Box into The Lounge? Or Events & Cruise Spots?

Its tough searching the For Sale section for car ads, practically impossible. I tried to start a standard so that the ads could easily be searched for and found, it never caught on though of course.

I think splitting the For Sale section, parts and cars, would be a good thing. It just makes sense. When the board is upgraded to the new version, maybe split it then?

------------------
FormulaV8.com · 1994 Formula · A4 · 3.23
13.45 @ 102.5 MPH w/ 1.9 60' | 267 rwhp | 307 tq/lbs | 3535 lbs
"I know for a fact he is NOT an Easter bunny"
Old 07-28-2002, 01:55 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stevil:
I think there is enough cars for sale. This forum is barely used too, should we toss Suggestion Box into The Lounge? Or Events & Cruise Spots?
</font>
Ditto. I don't think anyone has gone into Events and Cruise Spots since 1987.

------------------
Dustin Wray and the Lounge's sexiest Second Gen.
AIM: Kamaro350Z
CamaroZ28.com's official user.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:11 PM

I agree with different sections in the For Sale area.

Jason

------------------
1988 CHEVROLET CAMARO 305 TBI WHITE
HARWOOD COWL HOOD - CRAGAR STREET STARS - HOTCHKISS SUSPENSION - TH350 - B&M SHIFTER - 3.42 GEARS - IN THE BOX EDELBROCK RPM AIR GAP - VORTEC HEADS - COMP CAMS XTREME ENERGY 268 CAM - 350 BLOCK 750 CFM CARB
ALSO OWN AN 84, 86, & 87

WEBPAGE:JMSILVER23'S WEBPAGE
EMAIL: JMSILVER23@HVC.RR.COM
Old 06-11-2004, 01:41 AM

I'm going to get yelled at for bringing this back up, but I searched and everyone who asked in the past was reverted to this post; but seriously, making a CARS and PARTS for sale section would be extremely helpful.

I dont know how fast this board moved in 02 when this post was made, but when I posted my car for sale, within about an hour it was on page 2, covered up mostly by people selling hoods, AC parts, windows, etc.

There definately doesnt need to be a "3rd-4th-etc for sale" section, just something as simple as CARS FOR SALE, PARTS FOR SALE, CARS/PARTS WANTED (since I doubt its used too often)

This has become my favorite Fbody board by far now that I'm actually taking part in it, but having to wade through a plethora of ads when looking for vehicles is VERY time consuming, and half the time you get the cars mixed up or read the same ad twice due to how fast the board is moving

Another option if you dont want to go through the logistics of adding a new forum, would be to simply make a dropdown box, or a check box that says "CAR4SALE? |X|" and if someone checks it, it automatically throws in a code, or a quick word to search for, in the message body, or message title. And make a little post it in the search section "TO SEARCH FOR CARS FOR SALE INPUT "CAR4SALE" "C4S" etc, and boom, whoever checked that box would pop up, and all it wouldve required was a quick search
Old 06-11-2004, 03:58 PM

I vote for splitting cars and parts too. There have numerous times that I have looked to see if there's car that I might be interested in buying but had to weed through the parts that I would likely never buy.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:17 PM

Guess noone reads this..
Old 06-12-2004, 09:00 PM

My .02

Yes, it would be nice to have it split up, BUT remember that Chris & Jason have other jobs & this is a freebie board to post-buy-sell anything. They don't get a piece of the action like Ebay does when we sell our cars & parts (and the feedback forum there has many whiners! At least the lounge here has many colorful characters ). The other car club I belong to gives free ads online, but you have to be a dues paying member to post.

I find that typing what I'm looking for in the "Search this forum" box at the bottom of the page is usually helpful. Anything under 3 letters can't be searched, and special characters are a problem. FS posts go to page 2 & beyond quick, but anyone using the search function can find what they are looking for, you just have to weed through it.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by flowfx
Guess noone reads this..
Sure we did...when it was originally posted almost 2 years ago.

Guess no one read my reply? It was the first reply to the thread. There is the answer...still.