Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

Re: [ADMIN TITLE] Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!

Originally Posted by hotrod18_69
Found it.. read it.. That makes it alittle better.
I'll bet it does.

Feedback system is great.. Glad ya did that.. But i would still like to be able to seet there post count & how long they have been a member..( its just something i look at ) Because you have just kicked this thing off an no one has any feedback yet.. Just some extra piece of mind..[/b]
Noted. But give it some time. There have been almost 130 new posts made in about 24 hours, which surprised me a little bit. Soon enough, the feeback will be utilized.

But i don't think it should be an option when placing a new add... I think it should show up every time they post..
The classifieds section is a different piece of sfotware that integrates into the message board without hacking it up. We cannot make people enter the location data on either portion.

Sorry didn't READ before i posted.. My bad Jason.. May have came off alittle harsh on that last post..
Don't worry, you will get used to it quickly.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:44 PM

how about the ability to jump from one forum to another like you would normally navigate the board? May not be possible since this is added to the board, and not a part of the board
Old 04-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Jaysz28
how about the ability to jump from one forum to another like you would normally navigate the board? May not be possible since this is added to the board, and not a part of the board
Yep, that is one feature that is definitely lacking. I will keep my eyes open for a way to do that. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Ray86IROC
OK, I may be the biggest retard on here, but how do you PM the seller now from the for sale thread? Am I missing it? Clicking contact seller looks to send an email, clicking on their name no longer takes you do the standard user info screen where you could send a PM from the old board, etc. Is there a specific PM button I'm missing?? Several ads have the seller saying PM me and I'll be darned if I can figure it out without doing a search elsewhere on the board for their user name and sending a PM from there... Thats not too handy at all. But maybe I'm staring right at a bigass "PM SELLER" button and not seeing it...
DONE! The "PM Seller" link is now right by the "Contact Seller" link in the seller's listing.

I rule.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:14 AM

Re: Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!

Jason -
I think it works great. I have an ad there now. I didn't have any problems navigating my way around. Except that I couldn't edit my ad once it was posted. So, I figured it was a bug you're still working out. No biggie.

Great job.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Jon97Z
Jason -
I think it works great. I have an ad there now. I didn't have any problems navigating my way around.
Thanks for the nice words. Thanks to everyone else who had something nice to say or have offered a helpful suggestion on how to make it better.

Except that I couldn't edit my ad once it was posted. So, I figured it was a bug you're still working out. No biggie.
Yep, that will be fixed shortly.

Great job.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:45 AM

I read the FAQ's but I still cant post or reply under the new classifieds. At the bottom of a thread under posting rules I see the following.

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

I have got to be missing something here, man do I feel stupid. Cory
Old 04-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Cory_SS
I read the FAQ's but I still cant post or reply under the new classifieds. At the bottom of a thread under posting rules I see the following.

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

I have got to be missing something here, man do I feel stupid. Cory
The Classifieds MOVED. Read the sticky threads at the top of the OLD forums. Here is what it says...

*** New Classifieds System - Please Read! ***

We are very happy to introduce the NEW CamaroZ28.Com Classifieds system!

GO HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!!

Cool features:
- It has its OWN search engine. That way, when people are looking for tech info on something, items for sale (with no potential tech info) won't get mixed in with the tech search results, and vice versa.
- More categories! Since this is an addtion to the board, but not part of it, we can expand the category list.
- Option to have people bid on your item (auction style).
- We host one picture for you free!
- Optional listing upgrades.
- Feedback! You wanted it, here it is. It is all on the honor system, and site staff can't get involved for any reason. Use it as a guide but not a guarantee and at your own risk.
- Other cool features that you will notice if you look around, so check it out.-

As of today, the "For Sale/Wanted" sections are closed to new posts and threads. If you have pending deals, please complete them via PM or e-mail, or relist them in the new system. All new threads that would normally go in this forum are now to be posted in the new Classifieds system. This forum will remain visible for the next month or so to give everyone time to get used to going to the Classifieds system.

We really hope you all like the new system, it was a bit of work to test it and make sure it would suit the needs. If you have any questions check the FAQ section (we added a Classifieds section to it) or if that doesn't answer your question, post in the Site Help and Suggestions forum (put CLASSIFIEDS in the title).
Old 04-12-2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
The Classifieds MOVED. Read the sticky threads at the top of the OLD forums. Here is what it says...
I thought I was in the NEW section. I read all that more than once and read the FAQ's. Funny, right after you posted this I could then see the new classified section. I didnt clear my temp internet files or anything. I hate the new catagory layout, but I'm sure I will get used to it.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Cory_SS
I thought I was in the NEW section. I read all that more than once and read the FAQ's. Funny, right after you posted this I could then see the new classified section.
If you saw: