Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:35 AM
Admin Emeritus

Re: the new clasifieds section of cz28.com

Originally Posted by grandnational007
I HATE THE NEW LAYOUT! makes quick scanning of stuff that i'm looking for a pia.
Here some tips...

Since this is still new to everyone, this might have been overlooked:

On the main page or any category page, click the link called last day. It is just under the Classifieds search box.

The on the next page, use the pulldown makred Sort by and select your sorting preference to narrow down the order what you want to have displayed. If you bookmark the results, you can one-click it any time to see what is new.

Give that a try and see how it works for you.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Admin Emeritus

Re: [ADMIN TITLE] Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!

Okay, a Location field was just added for folks top fill in when they are placing a new ad. PLUS...the Cars for Sale sections also have a field for Mileage and VIN#.

Thanks for hanging in there, people! Just like any major addition to the site, there is an adjustment period.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:25 AM

Now that somebody posts a reply to your ad, it stays where it was? So, I guess there is no more TTT'ing, either?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 95GRNZ
Now that somebody posts a reply to your ad, it stays where it was? So, I guess there is no more TTT'ing, either?
That's right. People were abusing that WAY too often and it was often unfair.

For example, one person posts a part for sale, and then one minute later someone else goes into their thread that they posted a week ago and bumps it to the top, pushing everyone else's down...including the one that was posted just a minute before. It just wasn't fair.

With this system, there are many different ways to find an item, plus the other features like adding it to a watch list, etc.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
That's right. People were abusing that WAY too often and it was often unfair.

For example, one person posts a part for sale, and then one minute later someone else goes into their thread that they posted a week ago and bumps it to the top, pushing everyone else's down...including the one that was posted just a minute before. It just wasn't fair.

With this system, there are many different ways to find an item, plus the other features like adding it to a watch list, etc.
I'm all for that change , just wanted to verify that is the way it works and that there wasn't a bug, for example.

Thanks, Jason!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:24 AM

I'm trying to hang in there but it's tough. Most of my time on this board is spent surfing for deals and such but it's really a pia. You dont get notification from a ad you replied in and you cant subscribe to that section to get udates. I liked before when I could scroll down and without even clicking the section I could see if a new post was made. Also I dont like the catagories. It should be more like Coral or the other big mustang boards. I guess if I give it more time itll grow on me as long as changes keep being made to make it more friendly.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
I'm trying to hang in there but it's tough. Most of my time on this board is spent surfing for deals and such but it's really a pia.
If you learn to work the system (as mentioned above), it is just as easy if not easier.

You dont get notification from a ad you replied in
Go into any ad click either "Add to Watch List" or "Receive Email Updates"

and you cant subscribe to that section to get udates.
Go into any category, and scroll to the bottom. Click the link that says "Subscribe to Category".

I liked before when I could scroll down and without even clicking the section I could see if a new post was made.
See post 31 above for the perfect solution to your problem.

If you guys actually give this a fair try before knocking it, you will find that it is better in so many ways.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:16 AM

Jason, for some reason the old archived forums aren't coming up for me (atleast the non-auto section). I was just wondering if this was still available as I saw some stuff in there I might want, or need to sell.
Thanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by unvc92camarors
Jason, for some reason the old archived forums aren't coming up for me (atleast the non-auto section). I was just wondering if this was still available as I saw some stuff in there I might want, or need to sell.
Thanks.
Sorry about that, all fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:31 PM

Sorry about that, all fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.
Yea, works now. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:16 PM

is there gonna be a category for people parting out cars? thats where i get most of the little things i need for my car.

thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 01:28 PM

I hate it.. Don't like it one bit.. I can do a quick scan of parts.. Say right before i go to bed, or log back on in the morning and see what new ads are up.. Now i have to click on every section to look and remember what was there before hand.. Doesn't tell ya whats new!! You can't see there post count, where there from, how long they have been a memeber.. These are all big issuse to me.. Stuff that i look at before i buy... Take the old layout and improve apon it.. But don't divide everything up in sections.. It is just going to cause headach's ( for me ) and possibley lose other buyer's and seller's from posting on the board.. And i don't think charging for bold, highlight, and italic's is a good idea either.. We are are equal here...But thats just my .02cents..

Last edited by hotrod18_69; 04-11-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by hotrod18_69
I hate it.. Don't like it one bit.. I can do a quick scan of parts.. Say right before go to bed, or log back on and see what new ads are up.. Now i have to click on every section to look and remember what was there before hand.. Doesn't tell ya whats new!!
Once again...READ POST #31 IN THIS THREAD!! I outlined how you can easily view all of what is new with ONE CLICK.

You can't see there post count
That is what the feedback system is for, post count doesn't mean a thing. People have been wanting a feedback system for years. Here it is. Read post #30 in this thread.

where there from
Read post 32...in this thread.

It is just going to cause headach's ( for me ) and possibley lose other buyer's and seller's from posting on the board.. But thats just my .02cents..
If people are going to knock it before they even investigate it or give it a fair try, they won't be posting anyway. Meanwhile, everyone else who take two minutes to look it over (or actually READ before they post ) will be using it and enjoying the benefits.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 94_PatriotRed_Z
is there gonna be a category for people parting out cars? thats where i get most of the little things i need for my car.
That was asked somewhere before (don't recall where), but it seems that people are using the "Automotive Miscellaneous" section for that. Sounds fitting, yes?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:00 PM

Once again...READ POST #31 IN THIS THREAD!! I outlined how you can easily view all of what is new with ONE CLICK.
Found it.. read it.. That makes it alittle better.

That is what the feedback system is for, post count doesn't mean a thing. People have been wanting a feedback system for years. Here it is. Read post #30 in this thread.
Feedback system is great.. Glad ya did that.. But i would still like to be able to seet there post count & how long they have been a member..( its just something i look at ) Because you have just kicked this thing off an no one has any feedback yet.. Just some extra piece of mind..

Read post 32...in this thread.
Okay, a Location field was just added for folks top fill in when they are placing a new ad.
But i don't think it should be an option when placing a new add... I think it should show up every time they post..

If people are going to knock it before they even investigate it or give it a fair try, they won't be posting anyway. Meanwhile, everyone else who take two minutes to look it over (or actually READ before they post ) will be using it and enjoying the benefits.
Sorry didn't READ before i posted.. My bad Jason.. May have came off alittle harsh on that last post.. Just been playing with this thing for 2 days.. and hating every min of it.. Just gonna take some getting use too.. I am way to used to using the old one for 6 years.. lol

Quick Reply: Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!