Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

please read the security agreement (Internet brands)

Old 06-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Administrator

please read the security agreement (Internet brands)

I primarily use two different computers, and two different browsers for regular work in my office and the vast majority of my time on this site is on these two machines. I understand how cookies work and have been involved with IT for twenty five years.

How come, in apparent random fashion, am I seeing a small "flag" in the lower right hand corner of my screen, wanting me to either read the Internet Brands user agreement now, or later? I have clicked "now" at least eight different times between my two computers and it keeps popping up. Not all the time, but "sometimes", and I have been unable to isolate the activity to any particular action on my part.

Any ideas?
Old 06-22-2012, 01:20 PM
IB Staff

Re: please read the security agreement (Internet brands)

Hey Ted,
It should not continue to come up after you have selected the read now option and it does in fact use cookies to register that the user clicked the link. Only issues we have had so far is where a user's browser is set to delete cookies upon closing or another browser is used. But once you read it in each browser it should then be gone until cookies are cleared.

Hope that helps
Old 06-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
Hey Ted,
It should not continue to come up after you have selected the read now option and it does in fact use cookies to register that the user clicked the link. Only issues we have had so far is where a user's browser is set to delete cookies upon closing or another browser is used. But once you read it in each browser it should then be gone until cookies are cleared.

Hope that helps
I manage cookie retention on my server. Login/pw are saved with no problem, only the agreement cookie seems to be deleted on the weekly cleaning schedule. Can you pm or post the cookie name so I can isolate it?

Thank you,
Old 06-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Stand down... Found the culprit cookie...