Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

[How-To Question] Picture upload

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:47 AM

Picture upload

When I go to my picture albums, I am not presented with a link to "Upload Pictures". This is after I'm logged in.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Re: Picture upload

If you need a place to host images of your Camaro, every CamaroZ28.Com account has a photo gallery (and a blog, too!) It is pretty easy to use.
Click on User CP in the nav bar above and then click on User Control Panel in the pop-up window. This will being you to your User CP main page
Click Pictures & Albums in the left nav of your User CP
Click Add Album and on the next screen, add the details you want
Once you have an album created, go into it and click Upload Pictures
That's it! Once you have an image uploaded, there will be easy posting code below it when you view it.

If you want bigger pictures and more space for them, plus a bunch of other cool features, please consider upgrading your account to a Premium Membership.

How to post images that are hosted elsewhere can be found in the FAQ:
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/misc...bbcode#imgcode
Old 04-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Administrator

If you are having a problem uploading pictures to include in your posts, please see instructions from Internet Brands:

There are reliability problems with the manage attachments button.

However, we created the photo uploader icon (rectangle at the top of the "reply" or message screen, immediately to the left of the smiley icon) to upload photos so it would be easier for most users to access. The manage attachments button in theory should work for users on updated browsers and up to date internet connection speeds. There are different settings for both button and the photo uploader icon is encouraged because it is made specifically for uploading photos. The manage attachments button is there for text files, video files, etc.
Quick update - the IB tech team is currently working on rolling out an update on photo uploading for all our sites. This will tackle the surface issue with the manage attachments button, so that should be fixed in the next few weeks or so.

In the meantime, can you ask the users having issues with the uploader how many photos they are uploading at once? Another problem could be stemming from the fact the the reason why the photo uploader button works better than the manage attachments button is that the photo uploader button allows one photo to be uploaded at a time.

Last edited by Injuneer; 02-06-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:14 AM

Thanks, I had tried all that. When I go to an album I don't see a link for Upload Pictures. I just checked again and scrolled through the whole page. I don't think I'm blind and I could be missing it but I don't see Upload Pictures anywhere on the page.

On the initial page where one selects the album there is an Add Album link but I don't see an Upload Picture link on any page.

Last edited by KYWes; 04-24-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:13 AM

And the Upload Pictures link is back. Thanks whomever!
Old 05-24-2016, 07:30 PM

I am having the same issue with my albums. The "upload pictures" button is nowhere to be found. Is there a problem with the picture albums or am I missing something? I followed the steps to upload as outlined in the post on two different laptops with the same result
Old 05-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Administrator

I'll see if I can get Chris or Jason to respond.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:44 AM
Administrator

I think this issue may be a little different. The problem initially was with an account that dropped out of Premium Member, back to Registered Member. I looked at your account and that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

If you are not seeing the link to add pictures to your album, then I believe you do not have permission to do so.

Originally Posted by Cam's maro
I am having the same issue with my albums. The "upload pictures" button is nowhere to be found. Is there a problem with the picture albums or am I missing something? I followed the steps to upload as outlined in the post on two different laptops with the same result
Old 05-27-2016, 07:42 AM

How do I gain permission? I was able to upload the other pictures. Also, I tried to access the premium membership but it wouldn't allow me access to that either
Old 05-27-2016, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Is it possible the max upload capacity for the account has been reached?
Old 05-30-2016, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Is it possible the max upload capacity for the account has been reached?
Im not sure what the capacity is but i only have a few pictures uploaded. I can try deleting them and go from there. If that is the case, does that mean my photos are too large of a format?
Old 05-31-2016, 06:44 AM

I deleted all but three pictures and now I have the ability to upload new pictures. In the future I will have to pay attention to the size of the image and try to keep it minimized. I am not very computer savvy in regard to file sizes I guess I just had too much data consumed by the file size??
Old 05-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Photos from some cameras can be 2 to 4 megabites. That will eat up storage fast. Compressed photos can be less that 100 KB.

I don't know the inner workings of the site.... Chris and Jason know, but aren't as active as they used to be. The "Admin" hasn't been on the site for months. I find I get the best results to solving problems like this by posting them on the Admin/Moderators private forum, and directing the post to the attention of the site owner - Internet Brands.

I would not bother with "premium membership", which used to get you a larger photo storage capacity. I don't know if the system even works any more, or who gets the money.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:44 AM

Thank you for your help Fred. I spoke to my wife, who is much better than I am with these things, and she is going to Reformat the pictures to reduce the file size so I can post some updated things. Good info on the premium membership also, I was thinking that I had to sign up to get the pictures to upload.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:26 PM

Re: Picture upload?

Recently my pictures are not posting. I click "Go Advanced" then "attachments" as I usually did. I notice the process is different than in previous years but no big deal. I upload a pic, I see it in the thumbnail and then click "upload" but it does not go into whatever thread I am posting. Seems like you need to upload 1 pic at a time now which is no big deal and then it allows "browse" for more pics but none are landing/showing in my posts.

Apologies in advance if something on my end. Comments appreciated.

Thanks

Quick Reply: [How-To Question] Picture upload