Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

[Suggestion] Deleted thread email

Old 05-01-2009, 06:28 PM

Deleted thread email

When someone's thread is deleted, would it be at all possible to send an email or PM to them telling them about it? When a thread is locked, a mod will tell why they are doing it, but not true for deleted threads. I think if someone knew why, it would also help correct future posting by that person.

It didn't happen to me, I just get tired of "OMG what happened to my thread?!" threads in the lounge.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Often notifications are sent, however sometimes it is a stream of posts that results in the deletion that often have nothi9ng to do with the original poster. Sometimes it is obvious where a thread is headed from the start. Sometimes (for myself) I am at work and respond to a complaint (delete a post) but have work priorities that do not allow me the time go go and notify someone.

Often there would be so many people to notify it could take all day.

I am simply saying we try to let people know when we can but simply cannot do so every time and when there is a large amount of posts and little time we just cannot get to it all.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:07 PM

That makes sense. I was really just envisioning an automated deal.

Thanks for the reply, though
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 AM
ACE1252's Keeper

Ted - I totally understand what you're saying. Is there any way to lock the thread, leave the thread title up with a "Content deleted due to..." statement beside of it and delete all of the posts within the thread? That may cut down on some of the "What happened to my thread?" questions, but I have no idea how easily that could be implemented. Just a thought.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ACE1252's Keeper
Ted - I totally understand what you're saying. Is there any way to lock the thread, leave the thread title up with a "Content deleted due to..." statement beside of it and delete all of the posts within the thread? That may cut down on some of the "What happened to my thread?" questions, but I have no idea how easily that could be implemented. Just a thought.
Sometimes we do just what you suggested. Other times the extent of the violations are so sporadic or extensive, depending on the length of the thread and number of posts it would be an "all day affair".