Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Cz28 domain services.....NOT GOOD

Old 01-28-2008, 09:03 AM

Cz28 domain services.....NOT GOOD

I had been a member of the PAID side of the domain site for about 4 years and last year I had to stop paying for billing reasons. Well my website went to the pop up ads and what nots since it was free of charge (no prob with that). Well I recently made a post and wanted to share the link to my website and it states that my website is no longer valid!!! WTF!!!! I have now LOST all my pics of the Firebird that was taken!!!!!! NO WARNING, NO POST TELLING ME TO SWITCH OVER.....NOTHING!!!!

Thanks Cz28 for taking away my digital memories of the reason why I joined this board in the first place........

Rant over
Old 01-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Ever hear of backing up files?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 AM

No offense but if the only place you stored your only copies of some digital photos was on a website then you were just asking to lose them forever. It's a website, not a backup service.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 AM

Old 01-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Lounge Moderator

I think we can help you better if this is moved over to the Site Questions/Suggestions Forum.
Retired

If they were that precious to you, then you would have kept them on your HDD or burned to a CD. They had to be downloaded to your HDD before they were uploaded to the website anyway... why did you delete them?

Originally Posted by JBird33
Ever hear of backing up files?
Would not have to if the web domain would warn peeps of expiration and what is needed to keep the website up and running. I have regular photos of the Bird...THANK GOD. Looks like Putfile will get some use now
Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastformula
Would not have to if the web domain would warn peeps of expiration and what is needed to keep the website up and running. I have regular photos of the Bird...THANK GOD. Looks like Putfile will get some use now
and in theory you shouldnt have to back up your files on your hard drive, but we all know bad things can happen and things can get lost... dont put the blame on other people when you could have very easily prevented it.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 AM

Last I knew places weren't required to warn you of a cancellation of services when you quit paying. Pretty much implied that when you don't pay your bill things get shut off...whether tangible or a website.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kraest
If they were that precious to you, then you would have kept them on your HDD or burned to a CD. They had to be downloaded to your HDD before they were uploaded to the website anyway... why did you delete them?

Other CPU crashed about a year ago (place of storage)......Should have put them on a CD but I figured all is well on the domain. I was wrong
Old 01-28-2008, 09:11 AM

That's really the concept of backups. In the unlikely event...

You don't backup your files only when you expect to lose them. In that case it'd be called moving your files, not backing them up.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by JBird33
Last I knew places weren't required to warn you of a cancellation of services when you quit paying. Pretty much implied that when you don't pay your bill things get shut off...whether tangible or a website.
There is a FREE domain site located on the board...That is where I thought I was running the website. Guess not. Peace
Old 01-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Admin Emeritus

NO WARNING, NO POST TELLING ME TO SWITCH OVER.....NOTHING!!!!

Thanks Cz28 for taking away my digital memories of the reason why I joined this board in the first place........
WHOAH, WHOAH! We know nothing of this as we are NOT the company you are dealing with. It is a 3rd party web hosting solution you are dealing with, not "CZ28/Jason/Chris". We know absolutely nothing of this, we are NOT a hosting company or a domain service and we control nothing of what happens in situations like this.

Right here in the FAQ...

I am having techical problems with my Team Mail or Reader's Rides or CZ28.Com Web Space.
Those services are not run by CamaroZ28.Com directly, but are third parties in partnership with CamaroZ28.Com. If you need technical support for any of those services, please use the following:...

When you paid your bill, who did you pay? Those are the people who you need to be in contact with.

http://help.cz28.com/

Sorry to hear of your troubles but you are blaming the wrong people.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
WHOAH, WHOAH! We know nothing of this as we are NOT the company you are dealing with. It is a 3rd party web hosting solution you are dealing with, not "CZ28/Jason/Chris". We know absolutely nothing of this, we are NOT a hosting company or a domain service and we control nothing of what happens in situations like this.

Right here in the FAQ...

When you paid your bill, who did you pay? Those are the people who you need to be in contact with.

http://help.cz28.com/

Sorry to hear of your troubles but you are blaming the wrong people.
Thanks for the clarification.....I am just going to cut my losses and learn from this.

Thanks Again
Old 01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Admin Emeritus

Thanks for the clarification.....I am just going to cut my losses and learn from this.

Thanks Again
Try contacting tech support using the link above, see if they can at least help. Again, we are really sorry to hear of your problems. If we could help, we certainly would.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cz28 domain services.....NOT GOOD