Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Confusion on Advanced Tech, don't know if this has been addressed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 01:04 PM

Post Confusion on Advanced Tech, don't know if this has been addressed...

I don't know if any admins have been monitoring this thread, but even though this guy was wrong to voice complaints in the Lounge, this isn't the first time this kind of confusion has occurred.

I'll occasionally drop into Advanced Tech, just to see what the gurus are talking about, and inevitably I see one or two threads about stroking engines that are locked. I'm not saying that that kind of discussion BELONGS in that forum, or arguing that it should be, but it seemed to be appropriate from the description of the forum:

Forum description:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Advanced tech discussion for all years. Stroker motors, Driveline rebuilds, etc... HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY
</font>
JasonD's Guidelines:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
This should clearly define that it is not for picking best cat-back or cold air intake. It also defines that it is for when you are building a stroker motor, completely rebuilding the transmission or driveline. We are limited on how much we can put in the forum description, so we were hoping that people would understand what this forum is for...
</font>
If this forum is NOT for basic stroker-engine building questions, is it possible to change the description and guidelines to include ADVANCED stroker/displacement discussion only or something?

Just a suggestion. Like I said, I don't know if this has been considered. Not trying to raise trouble, but trying to resolve some confusion.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:44 AM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Hi squirrels,
I saw both his threads but always caught them after they were locked.

When "Advanced tech discussion for all years. Stroker motors, Driveline rebuilds, etc... HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY" was put up I assume that It was intended to be read as a whole and understood as a whole statement so that Advanced questions about Strokers, Drivelines, etc are posted. Instead people are breaking it down and being **** about it since the word 'Advanced' isnt on the same sentance as 'Stroker'.

I am sorry but in instances like these I revert to asking people to use their common sense.

But if its that dificult to read and understand than maybe "Advanced tech discussion for all years. HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY." Would be a better title...

------------------
Ken Mook - 97' SS #2544
Advanced Tech Posting Guidelines
  • Almost Alive: ?rwhp & ?rwtq Naturally Aspirated on the Stock Bottom End.
  • Stage 3 Pro Performance Heads, Solid Roller 242/248 Cam, Jesel Shaft Mount Rockers,
  • Jet Hot Hooker LTs, True Dual 3" Exhaust with x-pipe, and the list goes on and on...
Old 07-09-2002, 10:56 AM

yeah, but your idea of "advanced" may not be the same as my idea of "advanced"

To me, building a stroker motor is advanced tech. If I was building a stroker and wandered to this site with a question, I would have asked it in the advanced tech forum because in the LS1 tech, all we talk about is "which exhuast system should I get" or "Which air filter is better" kinda low-tech compared to building a stroker.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:52 PM
Advanced Tech Moderator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rncotton:
yeah, but your idea of "advanced" may not be the same as my idea of "advanced"
</font>
Exactly.

But the only thing that would remedy that is Chris or Jason making a HUGE full blown explination detailing everything that should and shouldn't be posted in Adv Tech, and I dont think that would happen. The list would be pages long.

Like I said before, common sense needs to be used when considering if a post should be made in LS1 Tech, etc or Adv Tech. And if something is posted in Adv Tech that possibly shouldnt be there, it is up to the descresion of the moderators to move/lock the thread, that is one of many reasons we are here.

[This message has been edited by kmook (edited July 09, 2002).]
Old 07-13-2002, 01:58 AM

how much will a rebuilt tranny cost? its auto 97 Z28. And dont you dare lock this you bad **** **** mods, it says:

"Advanced tech discussion for all years. Stroker motors, Driveline rebuilds, etc... HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY"

so don't touch, its advanced!!!

lol

Seriously, its your call to lock/move a thread. That is what you guys are here for. Thanks. Writing up exact limits to what is or isn't advanced would take forever... I'm sure borderline stuff stays in Advanced anyways.

------------------
FormulaV8.com · 1994 Formula · A4 · 3.23
13.45 @ 102.5 MPH w/ 1.9 60' | 267 rwhp | 307 tq/lbs | 3535 lbs
"I know for a fact he is NOT an Easter bunny"