Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Any chance of getting lounge post counts enabled again?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:01 PM

Re: Any chance of getting lounge post counts enabled again?

Why don't we have 2 different post counts. One for regular posts, and then one below that says Lounge Posts.

That way one counts how much we contributed to the forum, and the other tells us how big our e-**** is.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Old 01-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Lame.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 PM

I'd pay extra for that dual post count feature! 'Premium +' member status, 5 bucks more each year...

Most of my car knowledge has already been poured into this site multiple times over the 600+ tech posts I've made here, and I'm nearly tapped out. Now I'm starting to forget stuff, and use my old posts as a car diary of sorts to remind me of the details, which is nice. But with my slowly fading memories of what I've done, restating it would just tend to degrade the quality on information presented. Honestly, sometimes I do still go into the tech forums to see what I can help with, and the post count is a SMALL part of the reason I do so. Thus, I do recognize the value in having a tech-only post count. It works.

I absolutely do not want the total post count to include Lounge posts! But having a separate Lounge count seems like it could add value for paying members, increase revenue, and keep members more active, thus strengthening the board. Mods could use resetting the Lounge count to zero in case of infractions (worthless posts) as incentive for more quality content.

Any way to recognize members who start threads with high readership and reply rates would be incentive for a stronger board, too. Good threads keep the place alive, and should be rewarded. Sure, the glory of being at the top of the page all day is nice, but a 'Multipage thread counter', a 'Best thread of the week author' or something like that might spark more authorship.

I'm just trying to think of counter related features which would be good for the board, and fun.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Admin Emeritus

We are not doing "dual post counts" and we don't have any plans to change how the post counts are now.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:00 PM

This thread got slightly derailed.

Anyway, I understand the reasoning for not doing it and that's fine. I just think it would have been cool to see how many bajillion posts I've made here. I'm the same as Kyle, I'm simply curious. Hell, I'd be happy just to have Jason or Chris PM me the number, it doesn't have to be displayed or anything.

It's really not that important though so no harm/foul.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 PM

Im all for this, and make it retroactive please