Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Any chance of getting lounge post counts enabled again?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:42 AM

Any chance of getting lounge post counts enabled again?

Now that IB is running the site... any chance of getting the lounge post counts turned back on? And if so, is there any chance that whatever method vBulletin uses to count posts would count all posts from the past, and not just from the point they are enabled? I know a ton of lounge members would love to know how much time they've really wasted on this site.

I know the original reason they were turned off was to deter some people from making one-word replies just to boost their post count... but I really don't think that would be an issue anymore, so turning them back on wouldn't hurt anything.

Last edited by GrdLockV6; 01-25-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:43 AM

Re: Any chance of getting lounge post counts enabled again?

"Like"

I'd love to see how much time I've invested here in terms of posts.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by GrdLockV6
I know a ton of lounge members would love to know how much time they've really wasted on this site.
If my wife knew how much time I have actually spent on this site I would literally be sleeping in my doghouse, and I don't even have a dog.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:40 AM

If you want to grow your e-****, try hitting the other sections and helping people out with tech related subjects. That's what this community is all about.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
If you want to grow your e-****, try hitting the other sections and helping people out with tech related subjects. That's what this community is all about.
Most of us don't F-Bodies anymore, I'm not going to be much help to anyone in the tech forums. And I'm not concerned about e-****, I just want to see because it'd be nice to know. I've been on this forum for almost 13 years now, I know my e-**** is huge already.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Camride
Most of us don't F-Bodies anymore, I'm not going to be much help to anyone in the tech forums. And I'm not concerned about e-****, I just want to see because it'd be nice to know. I've been on this forum for almost 13 years now, I know my e-**** is huge already.
x2

I'm just curious how much I've posted, that's all.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 PM

I support. Now that we've been abandoned by the originators, let's make this place like every other forum in cyberspace.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z

I'm just curious how much I've posted, that's all.
A lot.

Originally Posted by Jason E
Now that we've been abandoned by the originators
What makes you say that?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD

A lot.

What makes you say that?
Sooooo.... is that a no?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Admin Emeritus

Sooooo.... is that a no?
No, the originators have not "abandoned" the site.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:36 PM

No, the originators have not "abandoned" the site.
Ok, how about on the topic at hand?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

That's another misunderstanding...per your first post...Chris and I are still "running the site" as far as the front end. The only thing that has changed is ownership and hosting/technical/financialarrangements. Chris and I still do what we always did otherwise. If you like, I can go in and change your post account to say something like 25,000 if that will give you a feeling of a warm and fuzzy sense of accomplishment.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:20 PM

That's another misunderstanding...per your first post...Chris and I are still "running the site" as far as the front end. The only thing that has changed is ownership and hosting/technical/financialarrangements. Chris and I still do what we always did otherwise. If you like, I can go in and change your post account to say something like 25,000 if that will give you a feeling of a warm and fuzzy sense of accomplishment.
I think most of us still understand you and Chris are still "running the site".

I guess I worded it wrong. How about this:

Now that IB is footing the bill for the servers and bandwidth... any chance of getting the lounge post counts turned back on? And if so, is there any chance that whatever method vBulletin uses to count posts would count all posts from the past, and not just from the point they are enabled? I know a ton of lounge members would love to know how much time they've really wasted on this site.

I don't care about having a large post count... I really just would like to know how much I've actually posted here in the past 10 years!

No real reason you can't turn lounge posts back on.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Camride
I'd assume everyone joined this site over a common interest in fbodys. Some joined because they needed help with a technical issue. Some joined just to show off their new car. Some left after they sold their car, some stayed. Some still have their cars. Nothing wrong with people staying after selling their car, nothing wrong with them only posting in the lounge (there are people who have sold their fbodies who still post in the technical section to help people out as well)

The no post count in non technical sections is something that's been around for years, and I'm not sure why they should change it back because "you" no longer own an fbody. Personally, post counts aren't important to me. If you want to increase it but "aren't much help in tech sections" there are other sections you can visit. (Appearance, Wheels & Tires, Kill Stories, Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion, etc.) Not sure why a change in ownership would cause things to change.

I think most of us still understand you and Chris are still "running the site".
Sounds like a slap in the face to me to say that they abandoned the site. I haven't noticed any decrease in activity from Chris or Jason.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:30 PM

I still don't think you're understanding.

We're not wanting the full post count to show because it is important to us, and makes us feel like bigger contributing members, etc. It is out of pure curiosity on how much we've posted here in our entire CZ28 career. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any chance of getting lounge post counts enabled again?