LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

How adjust then cooling fans starts/stops?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 08:30 AM

How adjust then cooling fans starts/stops?

I have read that it is possible to adjust then the two cooling fans starts and stops. I guess I have to set the temp in the PCM. Can someone explain how to adjust the fans starting temp? Thanks!

The car is a Camaro Z28 1997
Old 03-29-2017, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Re: How adjust then cooling fans starts/stops?

You can change the fan on/off temperatures several ways:

- Find a used Hypertech Power Programmer hand held. Make sure the previous owner returned his PCM to stock, or the programmer will be locked. Don't even think about using the included "power program"..... pretty much useless. You can also change things like tire diameter, rear axle ratio, shift points for auto transmission, speed limiter, RPM limiter.

- purchase the JET DST (Dynamic Spectrum Tuner) and you can alter the program yourself. On the expensive side.

- find a local GM dealer with a "Tech-2" tool.

- have the PCM tuned by a "mail order" tuner. In the USA, you would send the PCM to the tuner, he would make the changes and send it back. Not real convenient for someone living in Sweden. But some tuners will provide a revised tune in a file they can send via email, and the software required to load it into the PCM. You supply the cable to connect your PC to the PCM.

Just curious, why do you want to change the fan on/off temperatures?