LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Wanting to build 383 stroker need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 11:48 PM

Wanting to build 383 stroker need help

new to this but i got some questions. here my setup up so far 95 camaro lt1 long lube super comp header , 42 lb injectors , vortech after cooled super charger ( currently 5-6 psi boost ) going to put bbk 58 mm twin throttle body. fast did a tune on my ecu got it dynod at 365 hp 366 tq to the wheels. just put in mcloeds clutch rated for 550 whp , sub frame connectors borla 3" exhaust with no cats. the blower is rated to feed 680 hp which i understand will be at the crank but i was thinking 500-550 at the most to the wheels. with all that said any suggestions on crank shaft make for a 383 , can i use the stock head with work done to them or go after market , what kind of cam should i use , i will be looking to by a moser rear end at well and any ideas on fuel system/ecu. im not looking to run big boost with 10-12 psi max still want to run pump gas like 91 and it will be a weekend driver maybe race it but more for driving around. probably going to get a lot of people saying you dont need 500 hp for driving around but hey i would like to plus i can play with boost levels if i dont like it.

i live in canada bc so tuning the stock ecu is not an option for me. when i put the super charger on it i had to send my ecu to the states and hope the tune came back good and ill give fast the credit the dyno shop i took it to said they did a good tune.