LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

New to Tuning - Issues to resolve

Old 01-11-2017, 08:29 PM

New to Tuning - Issues to resolve

I purchased ODB1\II USB cable, downloaded TunerPro RT and EEHack to work on the tuning of my car. 96 Camaro, LT1, with 95 OBD1 pcm... I have the following issues that I want to address..
ERR 27 (EGR Electrical Failure) The EGR components removed by the prev owner not sure how to keep it from throwing code..
ERR 43 (ESC Failure) I understand this may be a Knock Sensor issue
MALF43 (MALF43C ACTIVE) Not sure about this one at all..
ERR 84 (1-4 Control Circuit) Not sure about this one either..

I read the Bin file from the PCM with EEHack and saved it as a Bin file. I saved the Bin file as xdf, adx, ads and zipped for this post along with a screen shot of the file connected to the car showing the Error codes.

When I clear the codes they come right back.. go figure... lol
Any information is greatly appreciated..

Thanks....
Attached Thumbnails New to Tuning - Issues to resolve-capturedash.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
96CamaroA.zip (205.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Re: New to Tuning - Issues to resolve

You have to find out how to "tune out" the EGR code DTC 27. Alternatively, stick a 2,000 ohm resistor in the sockets in the harness connector for the EGR vacuum solenoid.

DTC 43 indicates the voltage on the knock sensor circuit is incorrect. It's a single wire circuit. Wire/connector off the sensor, key on, check the voltage between the single pin in the harness connector and the block. Should be 5 volts DC. If you have 5 V, harness still off the sensor, check the resistance between the single pin on the sensor and the block. Should be in the range of 3,500 - 5,500 ohms. OBD-1 PCM needs that value. If the 96 knock sensor is still there, you'll get 100,000 ohms, and that's what is setting the code. Or, someone altered the resistance physically in the PCM.

DTC 84 has one definition for an auto trans (the one you quoted), and another for an M6 car = skip shift solenoid circuit. Some body probably unplugged it to delete skip shift. Put a 2,000 ohm resistor in the harness connector sockets. No more code. Easier than "tuning it out", but you could do that instead.

Last edited by Injuneer; 01-11-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:13 AM

Thank you for the quick response and great information Injuneer.. I will apply the fixes and post a follow up...
Old 01-17-2017, 10:12 AM

Hey Injuneer.. I did resolve the codes that I submitted by using resistors and I really appreciate your assistance...

I have another Tune question though... I am using EEHack currently over a usb cable.. there is a Cylinder Power Balance Test that I ran.. my question is: is there a minimum difference between cylinders that I should be looking for? I attached a pic of the test..

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails New to Tuning - Issues to resolve-cylinder-power-balance-test-01162017.jpg  
Old 01-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Not familiar w/ $EEHack. I couldn't find any info on their cylinder balance test protocol.

Search this Thread