2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Important announcement about my 2010 Camaro Project - SOLD!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

Exclamation Important announcement about my 2010 Camaro Project - SOLD!!

Okay, I know I have been talking about my 2010 Camaro project quite a bit over the past few months. And while it was just getting started, a deal was recently made regarding my car that was meant to remain private until a certain date.

Somehow, people have already found out and are asking questions. I figure it will be a matter of time before everyone will hear about it and ask the same questions, so I am setting the record straight before it gets out of hand.
  • Yes, I have sold my 2010 Camaro SS
  • No, I have not received it yet as it has not been built (Cyber Gray Metallic - should be built at the end of this month)
  • Yes, the new owner will continue my project as intended, including being in the Nitto Tire display at SEMA in Las Vegas in my place
  • Yes, I will still manage the web site for the project at PhantomSS.Com so please go there and sign up for e-mail updates
  • Yes, it was part of the deal that I say that last part, so please subscribe if you haven't already
  • No, I have no plans to buy another 2010 Camaro at this time (reasons why are below).
They say that at least once in your life you get an offer that you cannot turn down, and this was that moment for me. It was a one-time offer and I took it. I am sure that everyone can understand why it took it when I mention that I am buying a new Z06 out of it. I wish I could get a ZR-1 out of the deal, but the offer was what it was.

So that's it. I might by another Camaro later but for now, I want to see what owning a Vette is all about and if it is worth the hype.

I'll still be running CamaroZ28.Com until I decide to build a Covette enthusiast site. We'll see. Thanks to all for your support of my project, even though it never even left the ground.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Either this is a good April Fools joke, or you really did and I'm sorry to say, I think you're nuts! Though I understand about there being those deals you can't pass up, I don't know if that is one I would have made. Different Strokes for different folks I guess. If you are serious, good luck with the Z06, it's a pretty sweet ride!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 PM

Pretty lame April Fool's joke, Jason.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:59 PM

I know Jason very well and he does not joke about Camaro's. Driving my Vette was a deciding factor for him so hopefully he will enjoy the Vette experience.
Mike
Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 PM

4-1-09?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:14 PM

Good luck selling a car that hasn't been built yet. APRIL FOOLS!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Good luck selling a car that hasn't been built yet. APRIL FOOLS!
April fools joke or not, it's entirely possible to agree to sell a car before you take delivery of it.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
April fools joke or not, it's entirely possible to agree to sell a car before you take delivery of it.
Yeah, but why would someone pay more to get a car that someone else ordered?? Especially when you can go to the dealer and order the same car for yourself and get it for cheeper then going through a third party.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by speeding2fast2c
Yeah, but why would someone pay more to get a car that someone else ordered?? Especially when you can go to the dealer and order the same car for yourself and get it for cheeper then going through a third party.
So that you don't have to wait as long? So that you can get a lower VIN?

People pay over sticker. It happens. It sucks, but it happens.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:34 PM

Might check his PhantomSS link and pay attention to the blog title being "Today is April 1st.."
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM

Never had me for a second, though the vette is a nice car
Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

.......Uncle Fbodfather nearly needed a cocktail until he got part way thru the post -- and realized that it was April 1...........

**walks outside**

**gets out saw**

**cuts off a 'switch' from the tree**

**heads to Clinton Twp in black suburban**
Old 04-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
.......Uncle Fbodfather nearly needed a cocktail until he got part way thru the post -- and realized that it was April 1...........

**walks outside**

**gets out saw**

**cuts off a 'switch' from the tree**

**heads to Clinton Twp in black suburban**
Old 04-01-2009, 05:11 PM

That is some funny stuff! You almost had me until at the end then I realized that it was still April 1st!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Sure he could agree to sell the car after he takes ownership of it. But right now he has nothing to sell as he doesn't own anything. All he has is an agreement with the dealer to buy the car he has ordered probably with a deposit of some value. Someone could probably agree to buy that spot from him but the dealer would need to get involved to change the order.

Quick Reply: Important announcement about my 2010 Camaro Project - SOLD!!