2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

* An invitation from Rick Hendrick Automall *

Old 03-13-2009, 03:45 PM

* An invitation from Rick Hendrick Automall *

I was asked to pass this along to ALL OF YOU!:

On May 2, 2009, starting at 10:30 a.m., we will be unveiling the 2010 Camaro here at Hendrick Durham Auto Mall in Durham, N.C. On display will be the very first production Camaro – the one that was purchased by Rick Hendrick himself, with VIN ending in 001. He is bringing it here from the plant in Canada. Also on display will be his entire collection of classic Camaros, and local Camaro and Corvette club members from the Triangle area here (Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Cary, etc.) will be bringing their classic Camaros and Corvettes. We also expect to have a 2010 Camaro here from GM that people will have a chance to test drive. There will be free food and beverages, and this should be a great event. Anyone who wants to sign up to come or has questions about this event can call Paul Ensslin directly at (919) 667-2226

TELL THEM CAMARO SCOTTY SENT YA!

Last edited by CamaroScotty; 03-13-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty
I was asked to pass this along to ALL OF YOU!:

On May 2, 2009, starting at 10:30 a.m., we will be unveiling the 2010 Camaro here at Hendrick Durham Auto Mall in Durham, N.C. On display will be the very first production Camaro – the one that was purchased by Rick Hendrick himself, with VIN ending in 001. He is bringing it here from the plant in Canada. Also on display will be his entire collection of classic Camaros, and local Camaro and Corvette club members from the Triangle area here (Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Cary, etc.) will be bringing their classic Camaros and Corvettes. We also expect to have a 2010 Camaro here from GM that people will have a chance to test drive. There will be free food and beverages, and this should be a great event. Anyone who wants to sign up to come or has questions about this event can call Paul Ensslin directly at (919) 667-2226
If anyone wants more information, I've started a thread on my own websites forums with more details and the registration form. I work in Durham and will be going by there on Friday to see what's available for people to see who may not be able to get there on Sat. Per Paul earlier today, they are also trying to secure the Daytona 500 Pace Car driven by Tom Cruise.

http://www.bowtiebrigade.net/bowtiebrigade_033.htm
Old 03-13-2009, 05:57 PM

Just got another update from Paul at the dealership. Apparently, Rick Hendrick bought VINs #0001 and #0002.........and they will both be in Durham for this event as well as (2) 69 Camaros.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS
Just got another update from Paul at the dealership. Apparently, Rick Hendrick bought VINs #0001 and #0002.........and they will both be in Durham for this event as well as (2) 69 Camaros.
Very cool! I may just have to take a drive up there to check it out. Maybe if my car is built and delivered in time I will drive it up there for the festivities!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
Very cool! I may just have to take a drive up there to check it out. Maybe if my car is built and delivered in time I will drive it up there for the festivities!
I'm hoping mine will be too. Should be, but you never know.

Looking forward to it.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:29 PM

Fbodfather just posted this on 5thgen.org

Let me say something about Rick Hendrick and his organization......

Rick bleeds bowties.

Moreover -- he hired Mr. Jim Perkins -- former General Manager of Chevrolet Motor Division (and GM Vice President) when he retired in the 90s.....

Jim is every Camaro Enthusiast's best friend.

Jim NEVER stopped campaigning to get the Camaro back into the portfolio -- at every GM meeting, he'd bring the Camaro to the forefront of discussions.

He was our guest at the January 8th Camaro/Firebird event at the GM Heritage Center (on the eve of the unveil of the Camaro concept on January 9)......he was one of the first to arrive -- and one of the last to leave that evening........

Messers Hendrick and Perkins are some of our best allies - and if you are ANYWHERE near this event -- PLEASE -- I beg you -- show up!!!

You will not be disappointed -- MOREOVER - you will show your support for two men who have dedicated themselves to the Chevy Camaro!

Shake their hands and say "Thank You!"
Old 03-14-2009, 01:47 AM
West South Central Moderator

Thumbs up

Rick was also the guy who bought the 92 Impala SS 510 Concept car at Barrett-Jackson. I'd like to meet him someday.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:19 AM

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:

Would anyone coming to this be interested in getting together the night before or at least gathering at the event that day and having an informal "Southern Summit '09" at this event. I don't expect the turnout like we had at Indy, but so far, I am getting feedback from members in Texas, New York, Ohio........everywhere. As there are members that frequent all three of the main Camaro boards, I thought this would be a good opportunity for a multiple board gathering.

Maybe we could get Jason and Chris on here, Tim on 5thgen and the guys over on Camaro5 to send some stuff to hand out at this event for the members in attendance? Key chains, stickers, etc.

Keep an eye on these other threads on the other boards. Maybe some of you can carpool.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15386
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15391
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11296
Old 03-14-2009, 03:30 PM

Ok, here's the latest information today from Paul Ensslin at the dealership.

1. They are trying to get Mr. Hendrick to stop by for a couple of hours since there's a race in Richmond as someone else already stated. ( I will add that we were told he was going to be at the ZR1 unveiling too and he didn't make it. Please don't schedule this trip around his attendance. )

2. Everyone who is planning to attend needs to contact Paul at one of the means below. He's wanting to make sure that everyone gets a spot and he makes adequate arrangements.

Paul Ensslin's contact info:

919-667-2226 Direct
919-724-0109
Paul.Ensslin@HendrickAuto.com
Old 03-14-2009, 06:28 PM

Is registration only for those wanting a spot to park their car?

I will definitely be there.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by seawolf06
Is registration only for those wanting a spot to park their car?

I will definitely be there.
Yes, registration is for cars. In thinking about it, it might be a good idea just to shoot him an email so he can get an idea of how many people in general may be coming out.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:28 AM

Ok everyone, thought it was about time for a thread bump now that some of the hoopla from last week has kinda died down. Congrats to everyone as you hear about your cars. I know how frustrating the wait can be, but you get an inner calm by hearing that you have a VIN......right Trent?!?

I attended a Corvette tech session yesterday afternoon at the Cary Auto Mall Hendrick dealership and learned some interesting news from Lou Long.

Lou heads up a lot of their performance vehicle activities and transferred up from City Chevrolet in Charlotte. Anyway, I asked him if they were planning anything for a Camaro unveiling and he immediately said, "Yes, May 6th." He asked if I attended their ZR1 unveiling (which I did) and went on to say it would be just like that. If it is, and there's half the turnout, you should plan to come out if you are close. This event will be in the evening. I believe the ZR1 event started around 5-6 and went until. They had giveaways, no hassle Corvette test drives of LS3, Z06, Callaways and huge discounts on accessories and wearables. I've asked Lou to email me the details and as soon as I get them, I'll post them up.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:10 PM

an "unveiling"? hasnt the car already been unveiled?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:38 PM

Somebody... please...please...please take good pictures of his 4th gen Camaros for me if they are there! No cutting off the tip of the nose or rear end in the pics! He has very nice ones last I heard, that don't see the light of day often!

Last edited by Brangeta; 03-23-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:00 PM

you know who has a nice collection of cars?
bob mcdorman chevrolet in ohio. my dad has been there and he said he has some very significant automobiles there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: * An invitation from Rick Hendrick Automall *