2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] Anyone notice the SS emblems under the Gas and temp gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:29 AM

Anyone notice the SS emblems under the Gas and temp gauges?

Nice touch I think

Name:  100_1273.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  98.9 KB
Old 09-26-2008, 05:45 AM

Nice attention to detail. Good eye for seeing that.
I wish the numbers of tach and speedo faced upright instead of to the center of the guage.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:14 AM
Admin Emeritus

Yes! I just noticed this in another thread yesterday. I think it is a nice touch. There's also a bowtie pattern embossed into the door sills, which I like a lot as well.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 AM

Did anyone at Indy get to see the DIC between the gauges lit up? Looking at the pic above, it looks like only 75% of the area is a display and the top section is nothing. Is this just an illusion in the picture? Or does the angle from the drivers seat not allow you to see this top section, so it wasn't used?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Yes! I just noticed this in another thread yesterday. I think it is a nice touch. There's also a bowtie pattern embossed into the door sills, which I like a lot as well.
I thought the door sills have "Chevrolet" on them?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Nice touch I think

I saw these the other day...nice tough. I like the subtle, but many SS emblems on the inside and outside of the car. One of my favorite is the SS emblems stiched into the seats, very nice!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
I thought the door sills have "Chevrolet" on them?
They do! But also bowties on them.

Click to enlarge a bit
Old 09-26-2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Nice attention to detail. Good eye for seeing that.
I wish the numbers of tach and speedo faced upright instead of to the center of the guage.
Thanks! You know I kinda agree, the 69's were upright and at first at least easier to read. but personally theyre starting to grow on me style wise, I kinda at the point where I dont know how I feel about it.

Click to enlarge a bit
OH thats what you meant. Bow tie diamond plate. I missed that completely. I was trying to find it. I even thought you could have meant the shape of the door handle hole you grab to shut the door was in the shape of a bowtie. I love that Chevrolet plate . Reminds me of both the flashy (but not the tacky) detail that usually only you see on a concept, but also the 69 C10 grille. This isnt my old truck but this is the grille I was talking about.

Jason, this is also one of the things I love that to my eye seems exclusive to the 69. When I first started liking the 69 it was the awesome grille I thought was cool. Then the tail lights. Then the Chrome shark gilles, and next the cowl grille, and then the roll down 1/4 windows. Kinda not the same thing kinda is, but its like a Custom Chopper is to the chopper enthusiast where each time you find something else you like and catchs your eye.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 09-26-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Thanks! You know I kinda agree, the 69's were upright and at first at least easier to read. but personally theyre starting to grow on me style wise, I kinda at the point where I dont know how I feel about it.

OH thats what you meant. Bow tie diamond plate. I missed that completely. I was trying to find it. I even thought you could have meant the shape of the door handle hole you grab to shut the door was in the shape of a bowtie. I love that Chevrolet plate . Reminds me of both the flashy (but not the tacky) detail that usually only you see on a concept, but also the 69 C10 grille. This isnt my old truck but this is the grille I was talking about.

Jason, this is also one of the things I love that to my eye seems exclusive to the 69. When I first started liking the 69 it was the awesome grille I thought was cool. Then the tail lights. Then the Chrome shark gilles, and next the cowl grille, and then the roll down 1/4 windows. Kinda not the same thing kinda is, but its like a Custom Chopper is to the chopper enthusiast where each time you find something else you like and catchs your eye.
I just figured that out as well. I was also looking for a big bowtie, but then saw the little bowties. Very nice touch!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:52 PM

Click to enlarge a bit
Very cool
Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 AM

Calling all necros!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:30 PM

have you seen the key fob yet...not a huge deal, but different than other chevy's it's the switchblade style with a chevy emblem on the back...much better than the old style!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by detroitfan
have you seen the key fob yet...not a huge deal, but different than other chevy's it's the switchblade style with a chevy emblem on the back...much better than the old style!

Click here to see Video
Old 03-11-2009, 09:40 AM

Maybe because I'm at work, it's not working, but I got the video that displayed "Video is corrupted. Please reupload" Anyone else get this to work?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Tokuzumi
Maybe because I'm at work, it's not working, but I got the video that displayed "Video is corrupted. Please reupload" Anyone else get this to work?
I just checked and it seems to work okay for me. Anyone else?

Quick Reply: [Interior] Anyone notice the SS emblems under the Gas and temp gauges?