2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

Frontal shot of new Camaro......

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 12:53 PM

nice....me likey.

NO GOLD BOWTIE!!! Hopefully it stays off.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Is it me or is the cowl induction looking hood a bit higher than the concept. If so I like it! I'm surprised that GM kept the "air duct" in the upper front fascia. I thought that was a cool design feature of the concept but thought that for production it would get lost in the mix.

GM has done well to keep this car very close to the concept.

Also looking at the headlight area there. The black plastic piece holding the two lights now is the same shape as the concept headlight area. So once the headlight is ready and they can get rid of that plastic two light asm, the new headlight will fit right in with where the concept headlight was.

I hope it's a cross between the Bumblebee's standard headlight and the concept's halo LED. If GM could call up the same supplier as the one on the Buick Enclave we would be in serious business!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK
nice....me likey.

Dealer: Hmmm, what's this, GBD rpo option?
GM Dealer Contact: Oh that? that's the option code for getting the Gold Bowtie Deleted, GBD, simple enough, ay.
Dealer: Why would anyone want one without the Gold Bowtie?
GM Dealer Contact: Because they don't like their new camaro to remind them of Chevrolet trucks.
Dealer: What?
GM Dealer Contact: Because the Bowtie is too distracting from the rest of the car.
Dealer: You mean it looks too good?
GM Dealer Contact: ....Yes.

Last edited by DAKMOR; 01-11-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
Could someone PLEASE photoshop the new pic with this color (I really need to learn how to do that someday!)
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...47#post5103647
Old 01-11-2008, 01:07 PM

Thanks so much!

I think that little duct area in front of the hood needs to be black, wink wink Scott....

Old 01-11-2008, 01:08 PM

Hey, why isn't the hood scoop open?
i'm guessing, but i think with these pre production cars, they are just making the body pieces without cutting out those kind of holes.. and i assume this applies to the vents in front of the rear wheels as well

the fact that they arent open for testing leads me to assume that they won't really be functional anyway
Old 01-11-2008, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by FS3800
i'm guessing, but i think with these pre production cars, they are just making the body pieces without cutting out those kind of holes.. and i assume this applies to the vents in front of the rear wheels as well

the fact that they arent open for testing leads me to assume that they won't really be functional anyway
Could be a V-6

Something else I noticed... people (including me) were assuming this car was a V-6... but it appears to have dual exhaust.... either V-6's will have duals (very cool) or this baby is a V-8 sans spoiler?
Old 01-11-2008, 01:11 PM

Ok Scott you just made my day!!!! The front end looks amazing and if i dare to say looks better than the concept!!! I like the dual headlights, hope they stay. THANK YOU!!!! now would someone PLEASE photo shop that in Atomic Orange!!!! Damn its a good time to be alive!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:15 PM

HOLY S@#$!!! Looks GREAT!!! Awesome job everyone at GM, you've nailed it! Only thing I wouldn't mind seeing change is the headlights and the front scoop like the concept or not appear at all. But if neither happens it's sure as hell not a deal-killer for me. Man, I'm ready to see these hit the streets and I'm ready to get into one!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:19 PM

Im liking it now if only we can get a photo with someone standing verticly beside it so I can guess a measure ment on tallness, that thing looks awesom though from this angle. From me compareing what im guessing the rim size is, and stacking them I think its height is just fine though
Old 01-11-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK
nice....me likey.

I think (at least until Scott comes and whacks me with something) that it will probably be there in production. This car doesn't have any badges - no bowtie front or rear and no Camaro on the sides. I find it unlikely that it will be this clean. Would love to see a Tri-Shield somewhere, but not betting on it.

I'd love to see a functional hood scoop (at least on some models) but I don't think the fender gills will be open.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gripenfelter
Just want to know if I should go out an buy a sawzall or not.
Every man should own a Sawzall.

Actually, Makita's saw is nicer. So long as you own a reciprocating saw, you're good. Could be a Ryobi for all I care.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:27 PM

Thumbs up

Awesome car! As stated above, this will be my next car! A lot of time left for refinement of this work of art but so far the details and lines are great. LeMans Blue with Dover White stripes... I will take two please
Old 01-11-2008, 01:43 PM

Very nice!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:54 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

^They look like fog lights from autozone???
dingdingdingdingding-- we have a winnah!!!!!

all the lamps you see are essentially velcro'd and hot glued in place -- -- so we can continue to drive 'em at night............

Quick Reply: Frontal shot of new Camaro......