Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Mad Doggs/Goodfellas Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 PM

Wink MadDogLou from Outlaw Transmission/Mad Dog Transmission

This is Mad Dog Lou. For the record I have honored all Mad Dog warrantys and speak with each and every one of my customers both new and old. I'm not hiding from anyone, that's not my style. There is no need to hide from anyone. I've been a buisness man since 1986. My Mad Dog Website...www.maddogtransmissions.com...goes directly to my new website....www.outlawtransmissions.com.

Whoever feels the need to know....The reason the business name change...it was never because of my workmanship...yes, I might have had some problems, but I always back my work up.......................................
.................................................. ..................................................
John Tsikoras, (currenlty of GoodFellas) was my former employee at Mad Dog's and while he was busy mis-managing, and stealing my transmissions and parts, and bringing them over to his new shop (which I had no idea he was opening a shop), once I found out, I called the cops to have him removed from the premises and I terminated him on the spot. Needless to say, he racked up my freight, shipping and parts bills while I traveled out of state.....DON"T BELIEVE EVERTHING YOU READ OR HEAR !!!!

Here is the honest truth about this imposter, John Tsikouras (former shampoo boy...worked at a hair salon before I gave him the chance to work for me) of GoodFellas Transmission.... he walked into my shop 2 and a half years ago begging for the opportunity to work for me. I gave him a chance and took him under my wing. Since he knew a little about computers, I figured I could use him in the office...the boys knows nothing about transmissions, as a matter of fact...when he walked in my shop and tripped over a transmission and then aksed, " what is that?" Need I say more.....

This will be the last time I will waste the forum member's time with this useless topic. I'm sure we have better things to do.

My shop number is 678-965-5338.

You can also e-mail me at outlawtranny@aol.com.

Please feel free to contact me with information regarding my transmissions. I would love to hear from all my old customers.

Last edited by MadDogLou; 03-17-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
Old 05-28-2008, 05:58 PM

Well I promised you an update if anything changed. My transmission lasted less than 3000 miles and 3rd is on it's way out. Also looks like the goodfellas screwed me and put ****ty parts in instead of the expensive ones they sold me. In the process of trying to get my $$$ back.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:52 PM

I'm done with these "goodfellas" people anyways. I bought their sh*t tranny and it never worked right from day 1! I took it out right after putting it in cuz it slipped pretty bad from 2-3 and when i sent it back and PAID for his mistakes (paid for the damn shipping), stuck it in the 2nd time it was **** poor shifting 1-2 and wouldnt even go into drive!! When i tryed talking to them they told me about how they "tested it", and it couldnt be their tranny, it was my car that was a problem. After some debate that was pretty civilized i guess i started hitting nerves and they owner started swearing violently using "f*ck" frequently and even went as far as calling my car a "piece of "sh*t". They would've had me pay again for their bullsh*t and i gaurentee i still wouldnt have anything. Fet up i got my original tranny fixed at a local shop, i love it and wouldnt trade it for nothing. Long story short, i got screwed out of $1,400.00, wasted time and money in transmission fluid and then forked out another $1375 to fix my old trans. Goodfellas cost me about $4,000.00 for absolutely nothing. I am simply posting this to warn ALL about thier 'way of doing business'. I hope this saves a few unsuspecting people.

oh and for the information, user "JTSIKOURIS" is John Tsikouris, the Owner of Goodfellas and posts the same exact 'warning about maddogs' on many other f-body forums. Google tells all.

Once i have some extra money i will be taking the crap goodfellas trans to the shop, and having them tear it down with a list of the so called "performace" parts supposedly installed in this "enforcer" transmission. I will re-post what i find and if my findings are substantial i may consider further action. Have a nice day

Last edited by showstoppers-96-Z/28; 03-04-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Oh and as another update they closed their "ebay store" so no worries about that anymore. I hope this is a sign of them shutting down for good.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 PM

vouch for performabuilt.....

my Silverado SS tranny is amazing. I love it!!!

Thanks again guys. Will be ordering something for the 67 soon!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 05:20 PM

Hey guys,

I know this is a semi-old post but i just thought i would share my experience with goodfellas transmission....

I ordered an "enforcer" for my 00 tahoe 4l60e. I installed the first tranny and it started slipping after a single day of driving. I called the owner, John, and had tear it back out of the vehicle and he arranged shipping. John told me he would take care of the cost because of the short time the tranny was in the tahoe. Well, i received a bill in the mail a few days after the tranny was picked up from the my shop. I called John back and he said pretty much "tough luck". Well i didn't pay for the shipping. Instead i called the shipping company and had them forward the bill. I fought with John for a while about getting my money back. He kept saying "sorry thats not out policy"... i guess thier policy is sending out junk trannys. After a couple weeks my tranny showed back up (really didn't want it) i still needed one so i called him and he said the band was burnt up. I said ok i guess things happen. I put it in and it started slipping 2 days after!!!! + torque convertor is junk. Now the low life won't even take my calls....

I took the tranny out and took to to a local shop. Here's what the guy told me so far...

band's burnt up and it was some kind of cheap band, not what they advertise, end play is wrong, it's NOT a corvette servo (spring is chopped instead), the valve body is screwed up, the clutch packs were burnt, there are some other parts that i'm not sure what they are that were damanged from not being installed right. torque convertor was crap (and a very cheap one) Pump had peices of metal in it. Pretty much a POS transmission.

Bottem line... I got screwed out of $1500 and wanted to make sure no one else would even think about buying one from them. My old tranny is being rebuilt locally.

I think his a scam artist and obviously dosen't know how to put together a transmission. In fact, he told me the tranny problems were my fault becasue he checked it in the "test car" I honestly don't think he ever opened it up. The bolts still had paint (no chips) on them when he sent the tranny back to me.

If anyone has any questions my name is Jason Bittenbender feel free to PM
Old 04-26-2009, 09:26 AM

Yeah same story here. I was going to sue them but it's not worth it. Stay very far away from these peices of excriment.