West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

[Texas] Long Horn Hot Rod Run, Old Town Spring

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM

Talking Long Horn Hot Rod Run, Old Town Spring

Sunday, I was looking for something to do. I figured I would go to the flea-market Trader's Village In CyFair. The closer I go to Trader's village, The uglier the weather looked. So I turned around and headed back home. I remembered there is a little town north of Houston where they kind of role play as an old timey city. in that area there are a bunch of shops. So I figured i would go park my car somewhere and walk around and see what I can look at, maybe even what I could buy :-).
I pull into Old Town Spring and see the roads are all closed and about 2000 people walking around Banners hanging all over the place. Scratched my head and figured "HEH guess this place got really popular" followed by " Oh neat, there goes an old model T. Cool" . Park my car in the grass and start walking. I walked past the train track and hear some announcer yelling something like "OLD TOWN SPRING" the rest sounded all muffled by what sounded like 5 really killer sounding cars. " Oh cool, better walk faster before they leave".
Turns out there was a car show. A classic car show.
Ok now I am drooling. Walked into a coffee shop and got me a coffee, and scuttled out

and took some pictures of the classic cars

May favorite car of the show was the red 73 firebird
Second favorite was the ford done right

Look closely at the motor.

I was not even close to prepared for this. So you guys have to know this was a complete accidental find to stumble into this car show event :-).
Old 10-05-2010, 12:23 PM

If you think that is cool come to the Nifty 50's Classic Meet held every Saturday night in the Kroger Parking lot at the corner of SpringCypress Rd and Champions Forest. You'll see all those cars there and about 100 more. Also, try the Cars and Coffee meet the first Saturday every month at Uptown Park (Post Oak and the loop) at 8AM - this one blows all of them out of the water.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Sounds like a plan.