2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 02:36 PM

Ordering

This just popped up on edmunds and according to them you can order both. I still say speculation on everything until I can actually order it.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=131586
Old 09-03-2008, 03:00 PM

How can you order something without a price?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by nolanh
This just popped up on edmunds and according to them you can order both. I still say speculation on everything until I can actually order it.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=131586
Doesn't it then stand to reason that PRICING WILL BE AVAILABLE THEN, instead of December as we've been told ?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:05 PM

There is never pricing when I can order I ordered 2009's months ago on Silverado's, Tahoe's etc and just because there is not a price does not mean we can't order them. Alot of times the cars will come in without a window sticker yet.

Pricing is always released after the order I guess as for me I don't care what the price of an option is if it is an option I want.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:39 PM

There is never pricing when I can order I ordered 2009's months ago on Silverado's, Tahoe's etc and just because there is not a price does not mean we can't order them. Alot of times the cars will come in without a window sticker yet.

Pricing is always released after the order I guess as for me I don't care what the price of an option is if it is an option I want.
Well you had a good idea what price the Silverado price will be and plus you knew it would not be an markup on it. Without having really no idea on pricing and how much the dealership with markup the price lets me to be a skeptic on ordering until that information become official.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:45 PM

I guess we as a dealer are different and have never charged over MSRP for a vehicle.

And the silverado was just a statement that they don't release pricing the same time as ordering pricing will always come after we are able to order the vehicle.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:00 PM

I guess we as a dealer are different and have never charged over MSRP for a vehicle.

And the silverado was just a statement that they don't release pricing the same time as ordering pricing will always come after we are able to order the vehicle.
Doesn't that just ring with stupidity? I understand a dealer being able to take a deposit to get in line but to be able to actually order something without knowing how much it is is just nuts. I'm not saying you're lying, just that it's ridiculous IMO.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM

I am on your side even take new inventory on silverado and tahoe's when every year they have new options like this year the 6.2L motor but when I order these options I don't have any Idea what the total cost of the car is until they release pricing. Take for example I still don't have pricing released on all the 2009 models I am still ordering stuff without that information.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:18 PM

I am on your side even take new inventory on silverado and tahoe's when every year they have new options like this year the 6.2L motor but when I order these options I don't have any Idea what the total cost of the car is until they release pricing. Take for example I still don't have pricing released on all the 2009 models I am still ordering stuff without that information.
Take for example my deposit on the Camaro. So, theoretically, come October, I'll actually be able to order the car, pick the 1L"" and 1Z"" packages without knowing how much they cost? What if I order the car RS/SS and find out that the RS packages is $3500 when I expected it to be $2000 and I decide I don't want that package(just an example)? Kind of playing with fire, isn't it?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:22 PM

You could say that depends on your dealer and if they are dicks or not. I would take a deposit if you decided you did not want the car I will give your deposit back and sell the car to someone else.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:33 PM

You could say that depends on your dealer and if they are dicks or not. I would take a deposit if you decided you did not want the car I will give your deposit back and sell the car to someone else.
It should never fall back on the dealer at that point. Any issue should fall directly on Chevrolet for letting something be ordered that a person may or may not want when pricing is available. No one can tell me with a straight face that, right now, Chevy doesn't know within a few hundred dollars, a grand at most, what the combinations will cost. I don't believe it. They may not release it, but I don't believe they don't know at this point. If full production is less than 6 months away, they've already started to place the orders with their vendors for the component parts; that has to be fact. A+B+C still equals D, not Q. They know...ok, so it's my opinion, but how wrong could I be with it?
Old 09-03-2008, 05:18 PM

nolanh is right, orders are made by us dealers way before we even know any pricing. I still have no idea how much the travese taht we orderd will be. The thing I find wierd is that the first Consensus is not till December. So how can we order any, not knowing how many gm will let us have? I think we would have to know what are allocation will be, heck I don't even know what they will base allocation on. Are there any insidedrs that can let me know what allocation will be based on?
Old 09-03-2008, 05:19 PM

I never said that GM does not know but if they don't tell there dealers what are we supposed to do about it. All we can do is order the car we can't wait and not order cars because we don't know pricing I guess we don't care because by the time it gets here someone will buy it.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by GSS9909
nolanh is right, orders are made by us dealers way before we even know any pricing. I still have no idea how much the travese taht we orderd will be. The thing I find wierd is that the first Consensus is not till December. So how can we order any, not knowing how many gm will let us have? I think we would have to know what are allocation will be, heck I don't even know what they will base allocation on. Are there any insidedrs that can let me know what allocation will be based on?
I'm for sure not an insider, but when I put my deposit down, I was told to expect October for pricing and ordering. Now, four days later, it's being reported that ordering will begin in October...Take that for what it's worth.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by trm0002
I'm for sure not an insider, but when I put my deposit down, I was told to expect October for pricing and ordering. Now, four days later, it's being reported that ordering will begin in October...Take that for what it's worth.
I have heard that from fbodfather {fbodfather}"Hi!

I can't give you much info. just yet -- I can tell you that we start regular production in mid-February -- but we have not announced when we'll put the first order guides out. (it will be sometime in late Sept. or early Oct...)"

But that still does nothing to tell me about allocation. We could only order as many as gm lets us. Correction we could order as many as we want GM will only give so many no matter how many we order.

Quick Reply: Ordering