Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Rain X Ultra Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 07:50 PM

Question Rain X Ultra Wax?

I was able to get a free kit from work and I'm thinking about trying this stuff instead of adding another coat of the wax I'm currently using. Just wondering has anyone used this stuff before?

Old 06-11-2005, 01:14 AM

Re: Rain X Ultra Wax?

I've got some of the paste wax, from my experience, it beads water extremely good but from what I remeber, didn't leave the best shine compaired to others.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:32 PM

Thumbs up Re: Rain X Ultra Wax?

Blue Coral made the original version of this wax. It was called AutoFom. It used a unique formula called FomblinA, developed for NASA's space shuttle. Anti-static, acid rain resistant, UV protection, 1 coat lasts 6 months, etc...

Then apparently RainX bought out BlueCoral or the formula (I'm not quite sure) and now sells it as Rain X Ultra Wax. This can be seen on Blue Coral's web site:
http://www.bluecoral.com/faq_body.htm
Q. Is Autofom® still being produced?
A. No. Autofom® has been updated by Rain-X® Ultra Wax.

Anyway, I used AutoFom for many years during it's production, and during that time, there was simply none better. I tried them all and compared them, and AutoFom simply outlasted them all. I have 2 vehicles over 15 years old with no rust and an outstanding exterior, and I give most of that thanks to BlueCoral's AutoFom.

I have no idea if the new Rain X Ultra Wax uses the same FomblinA formula or not. Someone let me know if it's in the ingredients.

Last edited by Katana Man; 06-27-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:00 PM

Re: Rain X Ultra Wax?

Originally Posted by Katana Man
Blue Coral made the original version of this wax. It was called AutoFom. It used a unique formula called FomblinA, developed for NASA's space shuttle. Anti-static, acid rain resistant, UV protection, 1 coat lasts 6 months, etc...

Then apparently RainX bought out BlueCoral or the formula (I'm not quite sure) and now sells it as Rain X Ultra Wax. This can be seen on Blue Coral's web site:
http://www.bluecoral.com/faq_body.htm
Q. Is Autofom® still being produced?
A. No. Autofom® has been updated by Rain-X® Ultra Wax.

Anyway, I used AutoFom for many years during it's production, and during that time, there was simply none better. I tried them all and compared them, and AutoFom simply outlasted them all. I have 2 vehicles over 15 years old with no rust and an outstanding exterior, and I give most of that thanks to BlueCoral's AutoFom.

I have no idea if the new Rain X Ultra Wax uses the same FomblinA formula or not. Someone let me know if it's in the ingredients.
Blue Coral is, and always has been to my knowledge, owned by SOPUS products. SOPUS also owns the Rain-X brand and many many many other brands. And SOPUS, in turn, is owned by Shell.

www.pzlqs.com

It's a smaller world of products out there than you may realize once you strip away all of the names.