Vortech S Trim SC - LT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 05:15 PM

Vortech S Trim SC - LT1

This kit was on a 1995 Z28 and fits on any 94-97 F-Body (Camaro/Firebird). Everything is in complete working order and I have decided to go in a different direction with the vehicle which affords you a great opportunity to obtain one for well below retail prices.

(See http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...body.html#base , if you click the "Base Kit" link at the bottom (either satin or polished) you will see that the base kit, NOT including the SC unit lists for $2,432. This also provides a more detailed description for this item.

The pricing on complete systems are listed at the following Summit link, unfortunately I couldn't set the link to the specific page, but if search for 94-97 Chevrolet Camaro Centrifugal SC kits you will see that the pricing is in the $3,500-$5,000 range.

http://store.summitracing.com/

This kit includes the following:

Complete instructions with templates and diagrams along with all the Vortech paperwork (Owner's manual, etc.)
Vortech S-Trim Supercharger
Both a 6 lb and 8 lb SC pulley (8 lb is installed)
Mounting Bracket assembly (brackets and bolts)
Original and Upgraded Aftermarket Crank Pulley Assembly (see below)
FMU upgraded with 12:1 fuel mgmt unit and line assembly. (orig. FMU kit was only 8:1) (recalibration kits are available from Vortech for $35 in a variety of calibrations).
T-rex fuel pump (125 psi), the wiring is not included since this is remaining on my car, most minor parts (wires, relay, etc. should be readily available at your local electrical store and installation is fully explained in the instructions)

Upgraded Air intake and Discharge Assembly (solid tubing throughout and a custom Greddy blowoff valve good to 18 psi (Original Blow Off Valve (BOV) is only good to approx. 7-8 psi, so trying to get more boost without upgrading the BOV doesn't do much good, although the kit does include the original Vortech accordian tube and BOV)

Oil Drain and Feed Assembly (uses braided stainless lines), depending on your oil pan and the connections it might require some minor modification and this is explained in the instructions.

Kit includes an upgraded aftermarket ASP 8" Crank Pulley, original pulley is limited to 6 inches, with the 8" ASP pulley 14 lbs of boost or better is achievable depending your heads and what work has or hasn't been done. This pulley with it's corresponding 23% underdrive pulley for the accessories cost me $425 in addition to the original price of the kit. This is not something sold by Vortech and is another added bonus.

I don't have the Smog relocation pieces since the car this was on did not have an air pump or an EGR, but most of the pieces to complete this are listed in the instructions and should be basic items you could find at your local auto parts store if you needed to keep the smog devices on your vehicle. This is fully explained in the instructions.

This kit does not include the Crane ignition system, as it is no longer operational. The HI-6TR is available from Crane, I replaced it with an MSD 6AL without any problem. This kit does include the timing retard box, it's related wiring, and the complete installation instructions for the ignition assembly and timing retard module.

I have attached a picture of the kit, and the only items not pictured that are also included are a lower mounting bracket, an oil line fitting, the oil pan fitting, and the 2 FMU fuel lines.

Although this is not a 100% complete kit, the parts you will need should be minor (guessing less than $20-$50) not including the ignition system.

These prices do not include shipping. The unit will be shipped in 2 medium size boxes for safety and ensuring it's safe delivery. Shipping will depend where you live and will be based on actual cost, unless you live local, then we can arrange to meet someplace convenient for both of us.

This kit is now listed on eBay and I have revised both descriptions so that they are consistent.

Thanks
Ed M.
Ft Lauderdale FL (33319)

you can respond to this thread but you will get a quicker response by either PMing me or e-mailing me at white.tigert56@juno.com.

Last edited by White Tiger; 07-10-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:27 AM

Re: Vortech S Trim SC - LT1

Interested. Did you have any problems not running an aftercooler? I dont like the way those things sit on top. Did you dyno with the SC? How long would be willing to hold on to it for me. I have the money it will just take me a week or two to get it to me. Not to be a dick but do you have anone to vouch for you seeing as how you havent been around too long. You wouldnt happen to be a part of pbfbody.com would you? How does it sound at idle....Im looking for a screamer
Old 06-16-2005, 12:11 PM

Hey white tiger, I replied to your post at the South Florida board, im interested in the kit. How many miles are on it, and is the blow off valve an R-type?
Old 06-16-2005, 02:50 PM

Some vary valid questions, since I haven't posted here much, although I joined in March 2002.

I rebuilt the motor and placed the SC on the car with at 45,000 miles and the car now has 72K (so 27K). Car was mostly a street/show car and a garage queen (lots of chrome and polish in the engine compartment that I wanted to keep clean). The car had, maybe 20 passes at the drag strip. Car was set up more for the road course (Bilsteins, lowered, metal link trailing arms, etc.) and spent a couple of different afternoons at Sebring.

http://www.fototime.com/485CDA8C59AD48B/standard.jpg

I didn't have any problems with running the SC w/o an intercooler. Last time I had the car together it dyno'd 468 rwhp and 513 rwtq at 4200 rpm (was starting to run lean so we shut it down, then my fuel pump wiring fried and we didn't do any additional pulls).

In terms of vouching, my handle on eBay is white.tigert56 and I have 19 positives from 20 people with no negative feedback since I joined eBay in 2001 (I'm not a high volume eBay person, just things here and there).

At idle the car sounded wicked, giant sucking sound, and if you were in a enclosed area it accentuated it. LT's and dumps helped too.

Last edited by White Tiger; 07-10-2005 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:58 PM

How far up I-95 would you be willing to meet me? I will be in Ga on the 4th of July weekend and if we agree on a deal I would drive down to pick it up.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:38 AM

Is the KIt still for sale?
Old 06-17-2005, 04:29 PM

Ed,
you have a pm
Old 06-17-2005, 04:40 PM

wicked_95z, I rec'd your PM and replied.

97SLP, not sure, working out some final details. I will send you a PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:45 PM

email sent
Old 06-29-2005, 09:23 AM

Vortech SC is back up for sale.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:37 PM

Ttt
Old 07-22-2005, 08:00 PM

Complete Kit Sold.