Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

snow plus ss equals ****

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 PM

snow plus ss equals ****

today was a nightmare. i live in everett wa, today i had to drive to bremerton for a doctors appt. everything was pretty good until i got back to everett by the 128th street exit. i get there and its nothing but a damn blizzard!! i thought my car could make it through, but by the time i got to the everett mall way exit i got stuck on a patch of ice, i backed up and found som e traction and proceeded up the hill. then about 1/2 mile later traffic stopped again(cars were backed up for miles on the town streets) so i get stucck on some more hard packed slush, i tried everything i could but there was noway to make way of any kind. need i say im in the middle of the road, with cars behind me. about an 45 minutes later i get some help getting my car up the incline. so like an idiot i pull into a parking lot filled with snow and guess what....stuck again. so i dug the ss out with my front license plate and barely made it out back on to the road. anyway i made it home at least after a couple hrs of being stuck in the streets of everett. the snow thawed and i had to get to work so on my way i notice my car doesent sound quite right so when i finnaly get parked i look underneeth the car and the back part of my exhaust got ripped at the muffler!! i always do my best to keep my car out of the snow the best i can, but from now on i will never drive my camaro in the snow again..its a bad idea. but you allready knew that im sure
Old 03-10-2009, 12:26 PM

Had the same issue last week here in Richmond, VA. Got stuck with the Z28 in the middle of an intersection peeling out. Not to mention several other times I got stuck. But that time was hilarious, I know the snow plow truck at the stop light was laughing his *** of at me. And pulling out of my neighborhood was fun, going up a hill of ice isn't so bad when you've got momentum, but when I got to the top of the hill where the stop sign was I started sliding backwards.... so needless to say I had to get a running shot at it and hope there weren't and cops watching me running the stop sign. Good fun. Just glad it only lasted a few days, were enjoying the 70 degree weather here now.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:19 PM

thats a good one too. lol, my car wont go on flat ground either in the snow. the weather has been crazy around here lately, the snow just came out of nowhere. i bought my car strictly for a summer car, but i had to sell my everyday driver to get it! so im kinda screwed for this winter.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:06 AM

Yrs ago i went to my lake w/ my 94 in the fall and it was nice when i left but snowing like crazy near lake.I gave it the old college try but to no avail and ended up going back home.I later found out that the factory Goodyear GSC,s were useless under zero degrees(32f).I have never driven my 94 again in anything resembling winter and i now have the best of both worlds w/my 99GTP.I even bought some Bridgestone Potenza,s all seasons for the 94 in case i go down south in Oct. and come bk. in Dec.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:22 PM

yeah the tires are what killed me too! i have toyo proxis T1-S, and they dont work at asll in snow. one thing is for sure im not taking my c amaro in the snow ever again
Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 PM

Snow? What snow.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:15 PM

there was a huge snowstorm in everett one day last winter. i was coming back from bremerton and got stuck
Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by endobong
Snow? What snow.
Look at the dates in this thread.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:08 PM

Hard to get the sarcasm over the internet. lol
Old 08-04-2009, 11:51 AM

well i see your point
Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 AM

I am sure he posted on the 29th because on that day we broke the all time record for the hottest day in Seattle. I live just north of Everett and we saw over 108 which is just pure insanity for us albino-rainy folks.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM

It was stupid warm last week. I really missed having the convertible last week, but its still in storage in NY till I have a big enough garage out here.

Then this morning I woke up and it was 50. I saw this post (missed the dates) and said "yeah, there could totally be snow up past Everett if it was 50 in Seattle..."