New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

A welcome to all new visitors of CamaroZ28.Com!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 AM

Re: A welcome to all new visitors of CamaroZ28.Com!

Originally Posted by Dan5280
This site seems AMAZING! Im really glad that I joined yesterday. Any events happening in Michigan?
There is quite a few that happen, such as the camaro superfest, and the Michigan Fbody meet and greet.

Chris and Jason talked about them throughout the year during the podcasts.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:55 PM

Hi: I recently purchaced a 95 Z28 and had to do some tranny work on it first, my question is, the two tranny coolant lines that run to radiator, do they have to be in a specific position, from the tranny to the radiator?, back in the day I noticed that most trannys had two different size's for those lines, and you couldn't get them crossed, but this Camaro the two lines are the same thread size. How important is this for this 95 tranns. Thanks
Old 01-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by haufmeyer
Hi: I recently purchaced a 95 Z28 and had to do some tranny work on it first, my question is, the two tranny coolant lines that run to radiator, do they have to be in a specific position, from the tranny to the radiator?, back in the day I noticed that most trannys had two different size's for those lines, and you couldn't get them crossed, but this Camaro the two lines are the same thread size. How important is this for this 95 tranns. Thanks
Hi Haufmeyer -- welcome to CamaroZ28.com! I'm sure someone here knows the answer to your question, but I doubt many those people are cruising in the New Member Introduction forum. You should try reposting your question as a new thread in our Drivetrain forum.

Good luck!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the welcome... Im Joe and have a 86 camaro Z28. I bought the car brand new in 86..I really like this site & I am a member of NY5THGEN...& NYTHIRDGEN. Great to meet all
Old 03-16-2012, 10:10 PM

Thanks. Got a 94 z28 and need all the info I can get. Want to get the car primped. Horsepower and all I need to back it up.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:02 PM

Glad I came across your site. Recently had the AC compressor replaced on my 94 z28 and shortly after the low coolant light came on. I did the basics and the thing shined on. After replacing the thermostat and the light still there I started looking around and found you guys and saw about the sensor, probably just saved a bunch of cash. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:53 PM

Thanks. Hi all.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:13 PM

a great welcome glad to share my camaro stories
Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 AM

hello, my name is tim, from Breaux Bridge, La. i bought a 97 camaro Z28 30th with a lt1 convertable, we drove her from Tyler Texas to home a 5 hour trip, and i have had problems with her since, when she is running we love the hell out of it, i've looked for books on the lt1 and just can't find one, i have changed the fuel pump in the tank, changed the distributer, plugs, wires and coil, she only runs when she wants to run, she will run good one day and the next day i am getting towed back to the house, i'm just about to my witts end with this car
Old 12-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cargotec
hello, my name is tim, from Breaux Bridge, La. i bought a 97 camaro Z28 30th with a lt1 convertable, we drove her from Tyler Texas to home a 5 hour trip, and i have had problems with her since, when she is running we love the hell out of it, i've looked for books on the lt1 and just can't find one, i have changed the fuel pump in the tank, changed the distributer, plugs, wires and coil, she only runs when she wants to run, she will run good one day and the next day i am getting towed back to the house, i'm just about to my witts end with this car
Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!!!

I've seen your posts, and we're working with you to help solve the problems. LT1's ROCK!!

Best LT1 site in the 'net:

4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids

Good reference for LT1 engine rebuilds:

How to Rebuild Small-Block Chevy Lt1/Lt4 Engines Hp1393: Mike Mavrigian: 0075478013937: Amazon.com: Books

LT1 comparisons, various versions, vs Gen 1 SBC:

Rebuilding the Chevrolet LT1 Engine, Doug Anderson, Automotive Rebuilder, September 1999

A also have a list of references on my website:

injuneer.com: Fred's Formula V8 Page
Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 PM

tell you what fred, i'm coming home tomorrow from offshore and going to grab the wifes credit card and become a member of this group, i got so much information from this site, i'm really excited about getting home and try some of the stuff i have learned from here, and to all the other members, thanks for your help too, hope one day i can return the favor. thanks again all, MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by cargotec
tell you what fred, i'm coming home tomorrow from offshore and going to grab the wifes credit card and become a member of this group, i got so much information from this site, i'm really excited about getting home and try some of the stuff i have learned from here, and to all the other members, thanks for your help too, hope one day i can return the favor. thanks again all, MERRY CHRISTMAS
No need to whip out that credit card, being a member here is always 100% free and we welcome you! Thanks for being a part of us!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:14 AM

hello and thanks for the welcome. I bought 02 Z28 new, great car 150000 miles. my mechanic is replacing leaking rear seal, also replacing clutch kit, should i replace master and slave cylinders. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
wayne braddy
Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Wayne,

I'd leave the master and slave cylinders alone unless they're leaking or otherwise malfunctioning.

In the future, post your questions in the appropriate section of the forum and you'll be more likely to get a prompt response. Our tech guys don't often cruise the New Member Introductions section.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:33 PM

Lightbulb Thank You! Re: A welcome to all new visitors of CamaroZ28.Com!

I wanted to thank you for the welcome. I am working on behalf of my older brother (who is deceased).
Since our mother passed away last year, my other brothers really don't have a full appreciation for the value of my deceased brother's 1979 Camero Z28.

My 70s mom used to drive it. It runs, I have to get pics from my nephew, but I was needing advise on the best way to sell it to a true Camaro lover as my younger brother had in mind just having it taken to the junk yard.

It certainly is not a wreck..It ran, I know the engine is not the original engine and would make a good start for a restoration vehicle or parts for someone restoring.
I am an avid historic car fan, I happen to love Volkswagons and I have an older Mercedes Benz, so I know someone out there is need for this car.

All offers will be considered. My nephew has the car stored in Troy Ohio, just north of Dayton, Ohio.

Please respond if you know of best means my brothers beloved Camaro ends up in a Camaro person's hands.

Quick Reply: A welcome to all new visitors of CamaroZ28.Com!