New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

From Plainfield IL....97 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:26 PM

From Plainfield IL....97 Z28

Hello all.
Not exactly a new member but I have been inactive for many years Due to the Z28 being a future project and I dont think I ever formally introduced myself.

Little history on me..... I am one of those people who can do everything. Engine building, Trans rebuilding, Rear ends, Fabrication and welding. The only thing you wont see me do is paint and body....you can keep that. I was a mechanic for years and left the industry about 14 years ago for higher paying futures. I am a skydiver, a pyrotechnician, and I work in the electrical industry.

The current projects are many. 3 years ago I finished my first restoration a 69 Superbee. If any of you have been to Chicago world of wheels over the past 3 years, its been there and earned 2 first place and 1 second place trophies. Right now I am working on the 500 CU stroker for it. The next up project is my 97 z28. Its the third F-body i have had and this one needs a bit of work. My sister owned it from 15k miles and after a baby it sat in the front yard for 5 years. So far its got a lot of maint and a complete BMR suspension. Right now I am trying to wrap up the interior work. Fighting with aftermarket Carpet and Headliner issues. No idea where I am going with it performance wise. Engine only has 45k on it so...... Other projects are my 92 FXR Chopper and 95 Softail.

I spent many years doing the 4 cylinder thing in the DSM world......lets just say you cant make up for displacement no matter how you try.

I have read some over the years on this site and those of you that have built reference diagrams and P/N comparisons...I thank you. They help greatly.

Hopefully I a can meet a few locals at cruise nights. My last Z was sold in 2001 (when I bought the Bee) and I finally got back into another in 2012. It nice to be back in one, just something about them......

Terry
Old 08-18-2015, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Re: From Plainfield IL....97 Z28

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!!!

Glad to see someone with extensive hands-on experience. As you may have noticed, this has become mainly a 4th Gen/LT1 site over the years, and there are only a few people with the ability to help the newbies and less experienced owners. We need all the help we can get.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:08 PM

Re: From Plainfield IL....97 Z28

Its good to be here Fred, I enjoy reading your answers, you have a knack for answering very thoroughly and in detail. Become a rarity these days with everything being electronic and in a hurry. Youll find my answers tend to be more towards the training method, I dont like to just give an answer, I want you to learn it as we go.

Terry