New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

New member ready to fix up old 68 SS/RS covertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 08:55 PM

New member ready to fix up old 68 SS/RS covertible

I'm ready to fix up my old car and I'm looking for some guidance. My father bought a Camaro SS/RS convertible new in 1968 (more details in my garage). It's been in our family ever since and I have it to myself now. I drive it often in the warmer seasons in Chicago. It runs OK, but needs a carburetor rebuild at the very least. It also needs some body work and paint.

I'll try to take some better picture in the coming weeks.

The website prompted me to create a "Garage", but now I cannot find it.

Thanks for hosting this website.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Re: New member ready to fix up old 68 SS/RS covertible

Hi Frank,

I apologize for the lack of replies here. This message board has been very slow lately.

I agree -- the Garage feature appears to be gone. There does appear to be an option for posting photos to an album, though.

Your '68 looks awesome. Not too many first gens around here, and I always like to see classic cars get driven. It's such a waste to park them and keep the miles low.

There are a variety of technical sub forums where you could post specific questions, but given the light traffic around here, I'd stick to the General Tech sub forum for almost everything.

Good luck getting it all fixed up again!
Old 08-11-2015, 11:30 PM
Former Vendor

Welcome aboard Frank, the car is beautiful, I can't wait to see what it becomes. Join the contest we're running when you get a chance.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/supporting-vendor-group-purchases-sales-35/rx-oil-catch-can-giveaway-882943/
Old 08-12-2015, 03:46 AM
Former Vendor

Welcome to the forum, Your Camaro looks to be in an excellent condition! Very clean and great looking ride, thanks a lot for sharing! So what mods exactly are you planning to do?