New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

New member from Florida

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 09:20 AM

Question New member from Florida

Hi everyone! This is my introductory post on the forum. I'm new here, but not to Chevys and Corvettes. I recently purchased my FIRST Camaro, which is a 1994 Z28 red convertible.

I replaced the engine with a factory rebuilt LT1 Gen II, and need to finish up some items before we fire it up. I'm looking for a custom pair of chrome or aluminum valve covers. They seem to be scare for that series 350 LT1. Proform makes beautiful logo covers I wish would fit, but I don't want to modify them if possible. Canton Racing makes aluminum welded covers that will fit and clear the alternator on the right side. They are nice, but I want something else. They must be no more than 1/4" inch or so taller than the stock black covers.

If anyone has some ideas or sources, I would like to know. Thanks everyone for looking! I go by the handle "Challenger!", or just Bill.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:46 AM

Re: New member from Florida

I saw a couple in the Los Angeles craigslist under-autoparts-Type in LT1.Hope this helps.Great to have new members.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:10 PM

Thanks Fatdog2. I checked and won't work my application. Besides the valve cover are center-bolt series.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Administrator

If you could settle for stock height, the alternator housing can be ground down. Why do you need taller than stock?
Old 07-03-2016, 09:11 PM

Fred, Thanks for the advice. I know stock height is on some aftermarket covers, but most are too tall to work with the existing apparatus around the intake and injection system. All the literature I've seen, shows that anything around 1/4" of extra height will still work without modifying the cover under the alternator or grinding the alternator bracket down.

For now we just repainted the stock units black and they look good, so I'm going with it.