New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

New Guy from Austin TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:48 PM

New Guy from Austin TX

Finally decided it was time to introduce myself to the community. I live in Austin TX and work in the computer netsec world and work on cars and bikes for therapy. I started out to byt a hellcat and...its a long story but ended up with what I think is a Kat killer. Apologies to cat owners-four legged kind, no offense intended. Four wheeled totally different ball game. I dont think Ive ever owned anything that I didnt see something I didnt quite like and begin to tinker till I got it where it should be. Hence the Z I affectionately call the 'lil Redhead' and my wife now refers to her as 'the other woman'. SO anyway, I almost got her where I think she needs to be and am usually always open to contructive criticism and plenty of good advice on stuff I dont have a clue on.Background on the car so far

2015 Chevrolet Z/28

Base LS7 powerplant
Honed out .005
Fitted with Diamond Forged -23cc pistons
Titanium Rods
MSD 102 mm Air Force intake
Nick Williams 102mm Throttle Body
Comp LS-R cam
Texas Speed and Performance PRC 285 Heads
MSD Fuel Pump Booster
90 lb injectors
American Rcing Long Tube Headers
ProCharger D1SC Supercharger and Race Inter-Cooler
Katech Twin Disc Clutch
Aluminum Flywheel
MGW shifter
Bottom end by Texas Speed and Performance

Tuning Exclusively by Casey at SW Performance of Temple Tx

I started a website to chronicle the adventure from melding a mild-mannered 500hp street and track car into a slightly refined, over the top, edgy beast

Hope yall like her. And just getting started on the site this last couple days so I got a lot to fill in and smooth out but life is a work in progress anyway, right?
New Guy from Austin TX-unadjustednonraw_thumb_442.jpg

Home

Jim

Last edited by ispeakgeek; 11-16-2016 at 10:10 PM. Reason: picture
Old 11-16-2016, 11:03 PM

Re: New Guy from Austin TX

Really nice car.I have to ask how do you like that car jack?Do you use two of them or just one as I think it lifts the whole side of the car up.Does it pump up on a air compressor?Many thanks.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:03 AM

Re: New Guy from Austin TX

Love my Quick jack. Yep there are 2. I should have plenty of pictures up over the next few days going over just about everything I have done to the car. The quick jack has been indispensable as my Z has about 3" ground clearance including headers. The unit is hydraulic with a seperate tank unit. I did everything pretty much with the QJ. pulled and reinstalled the engine, tranny, headers, changing oil etc. Well worth the money, plus not many shops can accommodate the Z. Lucked out though found an NTB with a flat,built in alignment table. They also used it to change out my tires.