New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

New 2016 2LT Convertible, my god what a deal

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 07:31 AM

New 2016 2LT Convertible, my god what a deal

I was not expecting to become a Camaro owner this week. My wife and I live in Florida and we have been wanting a convertible for a long time. We drove the Miata, the Mini Cooper S, a few others, didn't really like them. My brother told me to drive the Camaro and the Mustang.

On Nov 30 -- considered to be one of the best days to buy a car, I went into my local Chevy dealer. We talked convertibles, what cars I was looking at, that I was going to try the Mustang before I made a decision (we never got there) and that I wanted something that wouldn't eat a lot of gas but still had pep. He said "I have such the thing, and I'm gonna give you such a deal that's you won't be able to refuse it." I thought he was cocky, but...

So he showed me one of his last remaining 2016 cars, a Camaro 2LT Convertible, with leather, alloy wheels, maxed out with options. 4 cyl turbo, which I thought was unusual, as it was a new engine option for that year. Wasn't sure about the performance -- it turns out it's great, and the mileage is quite good (31 highway) but a lot of buyers don't go for it. She was sitting on the lot for 200+ days. The general manager wanted it gone.

I called my wife in immediately to come in. "'Camaro, really?" Yes really.

32k, 36k delivered with taxes. Cash. Over $8000 under invoice. Unbelieveable deal.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Re: New 2016 2LT Convertible, my god what a deal

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!

Great looking car, sounds like a great deal. Wish we had more 6th Gen members here.... for some reason this site never really caught on with the 5th and 6th Gen owners.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:18 AM
Former Vendor

Re: New 2016 2LT Convertible, my god what a deal

Congrats on the purchase and deal! Beautiful purchase. Have fun with it and enjoy!