New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

I feel like a new member. Long time no see guys

Old 02-19-2016, 06:39 PM

I feel like a new member. Long time no see guys

I just wanted to stop in and see if any of the ole school guys are still lurkin the forums ?
Its been quite a few years since I have been on the board, but its good to be back.
Back in the day I had various trans ams, camaros and even a slew of mustangs. I bit the bullet and bought me a c6 Z and loving it. Just now getting a chance to get back on the internet and see how everyone is.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Re: I feel like a new member. Long time no see guys

Depends who you consider "old school". Shoebox, me, not many others from pre-2000. Very few people here to help and answer questions. Many of the newbies are young guys that picked up an LT1 in rough shape, and are trying to get it running decent. Some reliable older members in "Forced Induction". Can't be more tha 5 members with LS1's. No action in V6, Classic, Appearance, etc.

Sort of sad.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:55 AM

Hey Fred,
I do remember you and several others. Crazy that my post count shows just under 600...lol I had like 7500 post count when i left.
Its been many years so I know many have come and gone. Hope you are doing well and maybe a couple others will see this and chime in. Im going to be hanging around to try to get back into the game as I like to call it. If I can help out with any of the newbie questions I will certainly try. Back in the day I helped moderate the kill section. Not really any great tech advice ever came from that section, but helped in any way I could.
Take care and talk to you soon.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:30 AM
Administrator

The last time they archived the site, I lost more than 30,000 posts. They told me they mostly archived the Lounge posts, but I never posted in the Lounge, and for maybe 10 years Lounge posts weren't included in post count.

Not sure if you are aware, Jason and Chris sold the site to Internet Brands several years ago. The are still here once in a while. There is a new Admin, but I haven't seen him here in months. I've suggested some changes to streamline the site, but nothing has happened.

Basically, it's LT1's and the Marketplace at this point in time.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:48 AM

Man thats rough. I was not aware Jason and Chris sold the site. Sucks, but I guess everything changes with time. For better ...or worse .
Old 02-20-2016, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

I've been around a pretty long time (since 2005), but I think you had left by then, because I don't remember your name.

I seem to be the only active LS1 guy around, and I'm not really all that active. I'd love to see this site make a resurgence. None of the other Camaro-based online communities quite feel right.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Administrator

We picked up another LS1 owner a couple years ago in GaryDoug (98 Trans Am). Funny thing is, he is a huge help with the LT1, having written the Scan9495 scanning software for the OBD-1 LT1's. He's an electrical engineer, and great at solving electrical problems. He has also archived the factory service manuals for the 4th Gens, and tons of info on parts and wiring.