New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Hi All from Virginia Z/28

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 05:37 AM

Cool Hi All from Virginia Z/28

Posting from Hampton Virginia as a first time Camaro owner. Thanks for the great board and all the info. My local dealer called me Saturday and told me he had a car coming off a truck that morning and asked me to come by and look at it. Wow I was impressed with the Z/28 and took it home that morning. I have a couple of high end Vettes and I previously owned a Z06 with the 427 so I'm completely familiar with the motor. To my delight this thing is as bad *** as it gets for a Camaro. I have #277 of the 500 produced for 2014. Can't wait to find my local Camaro club.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hi All from Virginia Z/28

Sweet. Does it have A/C and a radio? Are you going to race it?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:33 PM

Yes it has both options. I think the AC was more of a resale reason, especially here in the South. I had to have the rear speakers when I was just cruising around...I have no plans on racing it, but I will be taking it occasionally to VIR for track day. When I bought my ZR1 I went for 3 days to Ron Fellows Spring Mountain and had a blast of a time on the road course Looking forward to similar adventures with the Z/28
Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mjholden57
Yes it has both options. I think the AC was more of a resale reason, especially here in the South. I had to have the rear speakers when I was just cruising around...I have no plans on racing it, but I will be taking it occasionally to VIR for track day. When I bought my ZR1 I went for 3 days to Ron Fellows Spring Mountain and had a blast of a time on the road course Looking forward to similar adventures with the Z/28
Cool. How much will you drive it on the street? Everything I've heard/read says that it is not a particularly livable car for that purpose, and I'm curious to hear your impressions once you've lived with it for a while.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:53 PM

Well the suspension is considerably stiffer than anything else I own, although it isn't brutal. You can feel all the imperfections in the road, but that's what you want in a track car. Pretty much it's an occasional weekend car when the weather is just right and I'm not in a Corvette mood. The grip on the tires is astounding, never driven anything quite like it. I find myself looking for the twisties when I'm out in it. The seats are great, wish my ZR1 had seats this good. Since the tires are only for warm weather I am considering finding a set of rims and tires for the cooler months to come. Sometimes I think I've been dreaming that I own 1 in only 500 produced for 2014, have to pinch myself and smile.