New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Finally got another Camaro after mine was stolen

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 04:32 PM

Thumbs up Finally got another Camaro after mine was stolen

I spent 2 long years tracking down what was left of my LT1 camaro after it was stolen and chopped up by a person I knew.
I managed to get the drivetrain back, but they scrapped the car All my BMR suspension, all my autometer gauges, my fiberglass hood and spoiler, it all went to the scrap yard to be turned into a washing machine or a soda can.

I've found myself a nice Z28 that nearly matches my old one now though ! Can't wait to start modding this one, and I think I'll drive it to every parole hearing the thief has
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 PM

Re: Finally got another Camaro after mine was stolen

Sorry to hear about your loss (or rather "stolen). Good to hear that you stuck with and found yourself another LT-1. Make sure that you take a framed photographed picture of your departed Z-28 to the parole hearing. LOL !!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 PM

thats horrible.

i once had my best friend burglarize my old apartment .... it killed me inside.

idk how close u were to this person,
but that feeli g of betrayl is horrible.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
LTXtech.com
Old 03-25-2013, 09:39 AM

Oh man we were close. We were best friends for about 8 years. My father passed away and while going back home to arrange everything and the funeral and all, I left the car at his house for safe keeping. He sold it to a guy about 150 miles from him and left his wife for another woman. The guy did a complete 180 degree turn almost overnight.

Through facebook I tracked the car down and managed to recover the drivetrain. They dropped it out the bottom and then scrapped the car. The same car I brought my daughter home from the hospital in. To them it was just a piece of steel, but it was much much more to me as most of you can understand.

No need for photos, they have every picture ever taken of that car I did some serious footwork to get this case heard and prosecuted...lol I talked to him and the fellow that he sold the car to for months building a case and getting evidence. The police originally said it was civil (how that was i have no idea) so I had to keep pushing the issue and fighting it, and gathered the evidence and all that myself.

I tell ya what, don't **** off an ex wife. That was the person that found out what he did. He told her I came and got the car, then when her and I talked it all came out. His ex wife helped me figure the whole thing out, even the people involved...lol

Last but not least, GLAD to be back in the seat
Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 PM

man thats horrible. i do knownhow u feel and im sorry.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
LTXtech.com