New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 04:20 PM

Camaro

I am having an issue with my Camaro. Will try to give whole picture so you can understand my issue and hopefully can help. When you apply the emergency brake or have low brake fluid, the brake light is suppose to come on the dashboard. My emergency brake works fine and the brake fluid level is good. My Camaro has two check engine lights, and an INOP ABS light as well as the other lights like the brake light, low oil, etc., etc. The check engine lights have both been on since I've bought the car. Still both on with the other instrument cluster I bought. The Brake light on the dashboard had been working properly until recently when I noticed it wasn't working at all. I have taken it to a few mechanics about it. One said it was a blowed bulb and one said broken circuit. Both right per say. The light bulbs that are to the brake, inop abs, check your engine lights, etc., etc. are sautered into the circuit board. Can't just change the bulbs like you can for the dashboard lights for the gauges. Was told I needed another instrument cluster. I bought another one. I compared the one I bought to the one that was originally in my Camaro. On my circuit board the INOP ABS light and Brake light bulbs were broken. On the one I bought all are in tact. All the lights come on like they're suppose to and then go out except for the check engine lights, brake light, and the inop abs light. Just at this time trying to get the inop abs light off and the brake light working properly on the dashboard. So, now the INOP ABS light and brake light are on all the time when the car is running. Was told that the Camaro wouldn't pass inspection with both these lights on. How do I get the INOP ABS light to go off and get the brake light on the dash to work properly. Inspection is due in August and am now trying to get it fixed now instead of waiting the last minute. Any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Re: Camaro

Welcome to the board. Please try your question in the tech areas as this is the welcome forum.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Re: Camaro

Originally Posted by cheri042713
I am having an issue with my Camaro. Will try to give whole picture so you can understand my issue and hopefully can help.

When you apply the emergency brake or have low brake fluid, the brake light is suppose to come on the dashboard. My emergency brake works fine and the brake fluid level is good. My Camaro has two check engine lights, and an INOP ABS light as well as the other lights like the brake light, low oil, etc., etc. The check engine lights have both been on since I've bought the car. Still both on with the other instrument cluster I bought.

The Brake light on the dashboard had been working properly until recently when I noticed it wasn't working at all. I have taken it to a few mechanics about it. One said it was a blowed bulb and one said broken circuit. Both right per say. The light bulbs that are to the brake, inop abs, check your engine lights, etc., etc. are sautered into the circuit board. Can't just change the bulbs like you can for the dashboard lights for the gauges.

Was told I needed another instrument cluster. I bought another one. I compared the one I bought to the one that was originally in my Camaro. On my circuit board the INOP ABS light and Brake light bulbs were broken. On the one I bought all are in tact. All the lights come on like they're suppose to and then go out except for the check engine lights, brake light, and the inop abs light.

Just at this time trying to get the inop abs light off and the brake light working properly on the dashboard. So, now the INOP ABS light and brake light are on all the time when the car is running.

Was told that the Camaro wouldn't pass inspection with both these lights on. How do I get the INOP ABS light to go off and get the brake light on the dash to work properly. Inspection is due in August and am now trying to get it fixed now instead of waiting the last minute. Any suggestions?
I'm going to break this up into paragraphs, and move it to "General 67-02 F-Body Tech" in the thread you posted recently.