New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Window Motor Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 AM

Window Motor Replacement?

My p-side window motor is dying a slow death and I would like to have it replaced in the spring. I don't feel capable of trying this one myself. Does anyone know of anyone locally who has done it? Anyone know of a MA/CT shop that isn't going to totally gouge on the part(s) & install? I can understand reasonable charges, and am not concerned spending the money, as long as the job is done right. -Jeff
Old 12-27-2007, 06:48 PM

hey jeff!!! westfield buddy watsup! I kno my master tech at the shop i work at could prolly do it... with my discount it would be cheap... but thats also 2 hours away ... i havent seen u around in westfield yet!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:52 PM

it is so easy to do, really anyone can do it unless your to lazy

just follow the directions on shoeboxs site
Old 12-27-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
hey jeff!!! westfield buddy watsup! I kno my master tech at the shop i work at could prolly do it... with my discount it would be cheap... but thats also 2 hours away ... i havent seen u around in westfield yet!
2 hours a way may not be that bad if the price was right and the cruising season was here. May ask you in the spring(?). You may have seen me, and going to WSC, every time you go downtown you drive by my house (across from cemetery), but the 'birds garaged hibernating 'til April 1st or whenever the roads are clear and sand free, so until then it is just my S-10.

...I have read shoebox's site, very thorough & complete, and yes, I am too lazy
Old 12-30-2007, 03:33 PM

I used shoebox's website, and it took me ~ 3 hours. It was my 1st time too, so I was being extra careful.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by JeffsWorld
2 hours a way may not be that bad if the price was right and the cruising season was here. May ask you in the spring(?). You may have seen me, and going to WSC, every time you go downtown you drive by my house (across from cemetery), but the 'birds garaged hibernating 'til April 1st or whenever the roads are clear and sand free, so until then it is just my S-10.

...I have read shoebox's site, very thorough & complete, and yes, I am too lazy
rightacross from the cemetary? coming from the collge u pass the hospital and ur on the right? holy crap i drive by there like 5 times a week (i have my beater at school) fo mcdonalds runs and other stupid sh*t us college kids do!