New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Relisting turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:13 AM

Relisting turbo kit

LT1 Hotparts and a JGS wastegate for sale. A quick rundown of the specs of the hotparts:

stock LT1 cast manifolds
2.5" mild steel cross over pipe
3" DP with wastegate dump
Comes with JGS 40mm wastegate with I THINK a 6psi spring

I built most of this kit almost a year ago and finished the wastegate portion 4 months ago. The person I built it for cant seem to come up with the money for the remaining balance. I am going to see this kit outright so I can give him back his deposit.

This is a race type setup. You loose your A/C and you will have to stand the radiator up vertical and go with different fans.

EDIT**** Ohio Forced Inductions sells an LS1/LT1 radiator that stands up vertical and fits under the stock radiator support ... NO CUTTING************

This setup should have no problem supporting 600rwhp with a T76 and built motor, and I wouldnt be surprised if you saw 700rwhp with an M6 tranny. You may have to make a dent on the DP where it passes by the steering shaft. You will probably have to delete your oil cooler and plug the hole on the water pump. If you dont want to plug the hole, leave the nipple in, slip on a short piece of hose and plug the other side with a bolt or something. Here are some pics of the build. I am making a jig this weekend to pressure test it for leaks and grind down some welds. Here are some old pics I took awhile ago. The price is $1175. Any questions please email me at jrbellas95z28@yahoo.com as my inbox fills up quick.

Last edited by RealQuick; 11-01-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:14 PM

what is needed to make this complete?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by RS96Silver
what is needed to make this complete?
Turbo
Blowoff valve
piping/silicone couplers/clamps for the charge piping
intercooler if you want one
oil feed and return lines
aftermarket radiator and fans.
A/C delete pulley (for when you remove your A/C compressor)

I have links for where to buy each of these components.

I can give you more details/options if you want to email me: jrbellas95z28@yahoo.com
Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 AM

No need to cut radiator support with a custom radiator from http://www.ohioforcedinductions.com/

Their radiator fits under the stock radiator support and stands vertical. You can push it forward as far as possible and get a set of slimmer electric fans and should have plenty of room.