N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

questions about N2o

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:05 PM

questions about N2o

ok so i think i decided to use some spray and was wondering a good package that is available and how much i could get away with spraying with my setup that is in my sig. any and all help would be awesome because i know nothing about n2o.

let me know what i will need to get this going.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:45 AM

Re: questions about N2o

It's pretty simple actually... Most people in your situation opt to go for a wet nitrous kit (that sprays nitrous and fuel into the motor) as opposed to a dry kit (which sprays only nitrous from the nozzle).

Of the different types of wet kits I would say that again the majority go for either single or dual nozzle setups (where you have one or two nozzles placed in the intake elbow on the engine side of the MAF sensor which spray the nitrous/fuel mist into the intake) or plate kits (where you have a plate installed at the throttle body that sprays the mist into the motor). For a stockish setup like you have (I see you have done the top end) people usually will spray a 100-shot, 150 at the absolute most.

Along with the basic wet kits out there, which will in general run you between 350$-400$ including the bottle, you are going to need a couple of other things to do it right. They are not 100% necessary but very important imo to have. The first is an ignition box like a MSD or Mallory 685 box. These are nice since they allow you to control the timing so you can pull timing only while you are spraying to help avoid detonation. They also have other nice features like allowing to control the RPM range which the nitrous is activated and also allow for a first gear lockout.

Other nitrous accessories that are important to have are a bottle heater kit, which will keep the n2o psi in the bottle at optimal levels. The performance of your nitrous kit is actually directly related to the nitrous pressure inside the bottle and it's also important for tuning the car while spraying. Also important for safety I would consider a nitrous filter, which will prevent junk from getting into your nitrous solenoid (this actually hapenned to a couple of friends of mine), and a fuel pressure safety switch, which basically shuts down the nirtous kit if it detects that the fuel pressure drops below a certain psi (adjusted by you) and hence saving your motor from running lean. Also don't forget to buy 1 step colder spark plugs.

And then you got your stuff that is not really 100% necessary but pretty practical. Stuff like Remote bottle opener kit, purge kit, etc.

All in all depending on what you buy you can easily spend 1000$ total just in parts after the initial 400$ investment it just depends on what you want.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by MTL_Z28
It's pretty simple actually... Most people in your situation opt to go for a wet nitrous kit (that sprays nitrous and fuel into the motor) as opposed to a dry kit (which sprays only nitrous from the nozzle).

Of the different types of wet kits I would say that again the majority go for either single or dual nozzle setups (where you have one or two nozzles placed in the intake elbow on the engine side of the MAF sensor which spray the nitrous/fuel mist into the intake) or plate kits (where you have a plate installed at the throttle body that sprays the mist into the motor). For a stockish setup like you have (I see you have done the top end) people usually will spray a 100-shot, 150 at the absolute most.

Along with the basic wet kits out there, which will in general run you between 350$-400$ including the bottle, you are going to need a couple of other things to do it right. They are not 100% necessary but very important imo to have. The first is an ignition box like a MSD or Mallory 685 box. These are nice since they allow you to control the timing so you can pull timing only while you are spraying to help avoid detonation. They also have other nice features like allowing to control the RPM range which the nitrous is activated and also allow for a first gear lockout.

Other nitrous accessories that are important to have are a bottle heater kit, which will keep the n2o psi in the bottle at optimal levels. The performance of your nitrous kit is actually directly related to the nitrous pressure inside the bottle and it's also important for tuning the car while spraying. Also important for safety I would consider a nitrous filter, which will prevent junk from getting into your nitrous solenoid (this actually hapenned to a couple of friends of mine), and a fuel pressure safety switch, which basically shuts down the nirtous kit if it detects that the fuel pressure drops below a certain psi (adjusted by you) and hence saving your motor from running lean. Also don't forget to buy 1 step colder spark plugs.

And then you got your stuff that is not really 100% necessary but pretty practical. Stuff like Remote bottle opener kit, purge kit, etc.

All in all depending on what you buy you can easily spend 1000$ total just in parts after the initial 400$ investment it just depends on what you want.
if i get n2o in my car i will want to do it right have all safety and all the stuff that is necessary in someone like your opinion.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Did you check out the "stickies" at the top of the N2O Tech forum topic listing?