N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

NX TPS activation delay and tps voltage, vehicle speed sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 AM

NX TPS activation delay and tps voltage, vehicle speed sensor?

I am having my nitrous system installed with an FJO progressive controller. We are also going to be pulling timing via a MSD Digital 6 plus ignition...since the FJO does not provide a constant 12v hot output that we can find when the system is active to engage the timing retard on the MSD Digital 6 box we decided to install a NX TPS sensor ONLY for the digital 6 box (nothing to do with the nitrous system).

The issue we are having is, we adjusted the NX TPS box as per instructions with the small flat head screw...and when we go WOT the red light comes on as it should. The weird thing is there is a 1.5 - 2.0 second delay before that light is engages (feeding the msd digital 6 timing retard wire w/ 12v). We are concerned that those 2 seconds will be an unretarded interval, we plan to spray upto a 250 shot and thikn this may cause an issue with detonation. Has anyone experienced this delay in activation with the NX TPS box?

I read somewhere that there is a saftey setting with the tps voltage if there is a VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) DTC code being thrown (which there is at the moment), it will delay the voltage being brought up by the pcm when you go wot because the pcm wants to make sure its not a false WOT. Anyone hear about this?

Thanks!