N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

mostly stock lt1 with wet nozzle mounted infront of the maf?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 04:03 PM

mostly stock lt1 with wet nozzle mounted infront of the maf?

friend of mine hase a 95 lt1 z28 with a flowmaster weld in muffler and a cai with hard intake elbow and supposedly thats it. well he has a NX (i think) wet kit with the nozzle mounted infront of the maf meaning the fuel and nitrous is blowing through the maf. the car seems to run pretty well and was just wondering what yalls thoughts were on this?? i always though on wet kits the nozzle mounts after the maf??
Old 11-23-2009, 05:28 AM
Administrator

If its running with the correct A/F ratio, its pure luck, or some damn good tuning.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
If its running with the correct A/F ratio, its pure luck, or some damn good tuning.
pretty positive the car has no tune at all its on stock tune im sure.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:54 PM

I would move the nozzle so it is after the maf.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Administrator

The MAF makes all its mass flow calculations based on the specific heat of air. With the wet nozzle before the MAF sensor, its spraying liquid fuel and liquid nitrous, mixing it with the air, the nitrous is flashing to a vapor, sub-cooling the liquid/vapor mixture..... The MAF sensor output has to be totally fubar.

How did he select the fuel jet? He had to have some idea of the shot size he was spraying. But if he based the jet size on the "normal" introduction of fuel/nitrous after the MAF sensor, locating the nozzle before the MAF sensor would have it running extremely rich due to the extreme cooling of the incoming air and the added mass of the fuel and nitrous. In which case he would be "lucky" in that its not running lean.

What size shot is he spraying, and what kind of MPH gain did he see in the 1/4-mile?
Old 11-28-2009, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
The MAF makes all its mass flow calculations based on the specific heat of air. With the wet nozzle before the MAF sensor, its spraying liquid fuel and liquid nitrous, mixing it with the air, the nitrous is flashing to a vapor, sub-cooling the liquid/vapor mixture..... The MAF sensor output has to be totally fubar.

How did he select the fuel jet? He had to have some idea of the shot size he was spraying. But if he based the jet size on the "normal" introduction of fuel/nitrous after the MAF sensor, locating the nozzle before the MAF sensor would have it running extremely rich due to the extreme cooling of the incoming air and the added mass of the fuel and nitrous. In which case he would be "lucky" in that its not running lean.

What size shot is he spraying, and what kind of MPH gain did he see in the 1/4-mile?
im sorry but i really dont know too too much about the car. he is spraying a 150 shot on the car an wont have track times till this sunday. i did ask him tonight what happens to the car if you unplug the maf maybe thinking that it has an sd tune on the car. well he told me that its be unpluged before and all it did was hickup on the start up but then drove it around and it was fine...