N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

How well is your No2 hidden?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 10:09 PM

How well is your No2 hidden?

I know alot of guys like to hide there systems. Lets see the set ups, as I am looking for some good ideas.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Re: How well is your No2 hidden?

I have ran the under intake systems and they are easy to hide. I like to hide the solenoids inside the cab so it is a softer hit.
I have ran the plate kits and use vacuum hose to hide the lines that i run in the cab. I use a really deep drop base air cleaner that helps with the hiding. If you bend the lines to look like they lay on the intake and put zip ties on them to look like they are being held up.
On the inside i use hidden switches or put a push button on the cig lighter and cover it with the cig lighter so when u push it it activates the system. I also use the floor headlight dimmer switch or the headlight dimmer in the column.
I hide the bottles in a old tool box in the trunk. I have hidden them in old rusty tool boxes in the bed of truck on the side that has a "broken" lock.
I run old display batterys and hide the solenoids in them and run the lines inside a hollowed out negative cable that is bolted to the intake and run the lines out the side and cover them with convulated tubing and run them around the back of the intake to the plate.
The nastier it looks the less time people spend looking.
Just some of the things i used to do. I loved it when an long bed truck smokes thier butt and they think something is wrong with their car.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:08 PM

Damn, byrons1502, some of those are pretty slick! My old 96 used a single nozzle in the elbow, solenoids mounted upside-down on the bottom of the wiper cowl, feed line under the carpet, activation and window switches in the center console, and convoluted tubing to hide the lines somewhat. It wasn't the most stealth setup, but no one seemed to notice it at the local car shows. Microswitch was hidden under the black plastic cover for the throttle bracket.

I came up with a few ideas for my buddy's car (and possibly my own at some point down the road.) Trunk-mounted battery with hollowed-out one in stock location to hide the solenoids; N2O and fuel lines up through the bottom of the "donkey dong" on the stock elbow, with the nozzle mounted in the hole for it; and for the finale... One night after a few beers, I came up with the idea of drilling the back of the intake for a spray bar that runs the entire length of the plenum, allowing the solenoids to be mounted either in the cabin or on the firewall. It would be a sort of pseudo-direct port setup, without all the nozzles required for a true direct port system. I doubt it would work properly, since the airflow into the plenum would likely cause distribution issues, primarily with the front ports. It seemed like a good idea at the time, though.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 PM

Hahaha those are some good ideas.

I was thinking bottle in where the doughnut(spare) is.
Running the lines to the solenoids along with the fuel lines just covering them with black rubber.
The solenoids would be hidden under where the abs is and the following lines would come up with the fuel lines and the fogger would be introduced just under the TB utilizing the EGR part of it. I'm still logistically looking into it but I was thinking the nozzle behind the TB. But I also think the line to the bottom of the elbow would not draw any attention as well.
I guess the purge would be straight down under the car, to not draw attention just before a race.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by byrons1502
I have ran the under intake systems and they are easy to hide. I like to hide the solenoids inside the cab so it is a softer hit.
I have ran the plate kits and use vacuum hose to hide the lines that i run in the cab. I use a really deep drop base air cleaner that helps with the hiding. If you bend the lines to look like they lay on the intake and put zip ties on them to look like they are being held up.
On the inside i use hidden switches or put a push button on the cig lighter and cover it with the cig lighter so when u push it it activates the system. I also use the floor headlight dimmer switch or the headlight dimmer in the column.
I hide the bottles in a old tool box in the trunk. I have hidden them in old rusty tool boxes in the bed of truck on the side that has a "broken" lock.
I run old display batterys and hide the solenoids in them and run the lines inside a hollowed out negative cable that is bolted to the intake and run the lines out the side and cover them with convulated tubing and run them around the back of the intake to the plate.
The nastier it looks the less time people spend looking.
Just some of the things i used to do. I loved it when an long bed truck smokes thier butt and they think something is wrong with their car.
lol sounds like alot of effort to hide a kit! great ideas in there
Old 03-16-2011, 07:22 PM

this is the sickest set up ever...
Name:  Forsale004.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  70.2 KB
Old 03-16-2011, 08:55 PM

I feel like I've seen that somewhere before. I wonder if any special tweaking is involved due to the heat generated in the lines with that setup. Definitely as stealth as it gets for a direct-port though!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Im guessing as long as its well purged, there really would be no difference in heat sink as if it where setting on the out side of it. probably would be about the same as far as heat is concerned.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 PM

It's in the for sale section. That's badass!!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:19 AM

Can't find it link please
Old 07-23-2011, 07:48 PM

My favorite is to go with the remote bottle opener too. You can't drive around with the bottle open or you'll mess up your solenoids.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 PM

i have my bottle in the open... but all my lines and solinoids youll never find... everything is painstakenly ran inside the factory harness and my nozzle is on the bottom side of the elbow, my solinoids are taped and tucked inside the loom upside down against the intake and the other is under my filler pannel where my fuse block was... even to the trained eye its almost impossible to spot.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:12 PM

I plan to do the same thing to my Z28 that i did with my old car's nitrous system. I cleared the trunk out and mounted a pair of brackets directly in the center but left it empty with 2 "dummy" lines running to it. The REAL bottle and brackets were mounted to the right over the passenger side wheel well with a sub enclosure (i had an 8 inch subwoofer in it) covering it so it just looks like a speaker box. That way if i ever got **** from cop or anything like that i could justify the plumbing/selenoids under the hood and tell em i have nothing hooked up and that it was an old system in the car when i bought it and havent tore it out yet. Guess i could just tell em i only hook it up at the track, but, u get the point. "see, there isnt even a bottle in the back, just brackets". he he. they never think about looking under the sub box.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:07 PM

I did everything i could when it came to my "past" street racing. The under intake kits can be ran through the back of the block instead of the top of the intake. Use flexible line to connect it together before u put the intake on. I love hidden stuff. Have a couple friends that run very low 9's on 10.5 street tires and would have swore it would never run even 12's. Love this post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:55 PM

None of your kits are well hidden anymore!