Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Well It Happened..The Bikes Finally Been Dropped

Old 09-01-2002, 06:22 PM

Post Well It Happened..The Bikes Finally Been Dropped

Yep...bout 8 Friday my bike has seen its first scratches. But before you all jump up to laugh (eric) I DIDNT DROP IT!!!! Yep thats right..i didnt do it...i was over my aunts house yesterday..and it was parked in the drive way...Well she needed to go to the store..and decided she would try to move it....well lets say that didnt happen..She ended up moving it..but then it went down a little slope in the drive way and she lost it....so it fell on the right side and scratched it up.. Now i was just on my way up the drive way and i saw it laying there...i couldent believe it.
Well i walked up..and made sure she was alright..cuz hey..the bike can be fixed...well then i proceeded to pick the bike up...amazingly..none of the fairings cracked...their just scratched It seems that my helmet took most of the fall..i had the helmet hanging on my mirror...well the helmet fell with the bike..then the bike fell on top of it..so the front of my helmet..is chipped down to the shell of the helmet.. The hand brake bar is bent in a nice U form lol....But with me...the bike can be fixed..and its still very rideable..but i really just dont feel 100% secure with my helmet...I mean the helmet is made to save you when you fall..you usually dont see people wearing the same helmet they've wrecked with...and guys..the helmet took ALOT of fall yesterday...so im off to get a new helmet Tuesday. Sorry so long..figured id share my exciting day....oh btw..anyone know a good place to get the bike scratches painted etc..? I dont wanna be without it too long. Thanks.
-Cory

------------------
Black 1989 Formula WS6 5.0 TBI
Apperance Mods-Tinted, 93 style Formula Decals, Custom chrome screen in cowl hood, Tinted out side markers. 4th Gen Seats.
Engine Mods-Pulleys, Ram Air, K&N, Hedmen Headers,Flowmaster Exhaust 80 Series 3"
!Cat,!Emissions, 160 Thermo,Rapid Fire Plugs,3.42 Gears, Eaton Posi. *LT1 Cam Waiting To Be Installed*
http://www.geocities.com/liquidfx17/Formula.html?1015872348700
1998 CBR 600 F3 "The Other Toy"
Old 09-01-2002, 09:48 PM

Wow. Touchy situation. Did she offer to pay for anything? Claim it on her insurance? etc...

Oh, and I'd be safe and get a new helmet if you can afford it...

------------------
Red 1994 Camaro Z28
UltraZ hood, RKSport gound effects
Stock heads, stock manifolds, stock TB, stock gears, no power adders:
13.34 at 102.11mph on 18s
www.detroitstyle.com
Now with Hooker longtubes, 58mm BBK TB, and MSD, but no new times yet. Looking for 12s....
Old 09-01-2002, 09:54 PM

bummer to hear cory. at least it hasnt gone down while being riden. good luck on getting it painted and def. get a new helmet. one day I'll get a bike too but it will be a cheap one to learn on. chris

------------------
1986 Iroc Z
355, cleaned up trick flow twisted wedge G1 heads, 750 holley, 700r4, 10:1 compr., forged flat tops, solidcam .501I .510E, 4gen rear w/3:73 posi, girdle, and disc's, Edel. torker II, shift kit, 2500 stal, hedmann LT. headers, 4 gen seats, man. strg., lt1 starter, alum. w/p, msd 6al, coil, dist., mallory wires.
12.86 @109mph so far(still need fine tuning)

1995 z28,SS Hood, Iroc style spoiler, tints and black outs, 700r4,2400 act. stall speed,B&M hammer shifter, 17" budnick trilogy III wheels, 275/40 ZR17, 160 stat, man. cooling fan sw., homemaid CAI,1LE elbow, hypertech airfoil, t.b.bypass,!cat, flowmaster, !maf screen, relocated batt., 1LE front l.c.a.s', poly trans and torq.arm bushings, MSD 6AL, custom program, p&p maf, accel coil, and under drive pulley

mods that i have, just not on car yet:
msd wires, edelbrock mid. headers, edelbrock rpm catback
Old 09-01-2002, 10:20 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Meyers:
Wow. Touchy situation. Did she offer to pay for anything? Claim it on her insurance? etc...

Oh, and I'd be safe and get a new helmet if you can afford it...

</font>
Oh yea..I think shes gonna try and claim it on her homeowners insurance..seeing as how it happened in her drive way. Yea im going to get a new helmet Tuesday. I just dont feel comfortable with the helmet...I love how people look at it(like my uncle at the time) "oh its just the paint" Yea..just the paint..so thats why i can see the shell of the helmet dumbass..I guess people that dont ride just dont understand the importance of having a helmet that HASNT been dropped..or have a 450lb motorycycle fall ontop of it....

------------------
Apperance Mods-Tinted, 93 style Formula Decals, Custom chrome screen in cowl hood, Tinted out side markers. 4th Gen Seats.
Engine Mods-Pulleys, Ram Air, K&N, Hedmen Headers,Flowmaster Exhaust 80 Series 3"
!Cat,!Emissions, 160 Thermo,Rapid Fire Plugs,3.42 Gears, Eaton Posi. *LT1 Cam Waiting To Be Installed*
Old 09-01-2002, 11:40 PM

Hey Cory.....

I think the bike might weigh more than 450lbs! Sorry to hear it got dropped!

------------------
Shelly

1999 Black TA
MI Plate: FBODGRL
Old 09-02-2002, 05:00 AM

You were luckier than me, I laid my 00 CBR 600 down on wendsday. Turning a corner about 30 mph and hit something the bike didnt like.
Helment is scratched quite bad, leather is ripped and scuffed up, gloves are scuffed, shoes are ripped and my pants now have some holes.
Now for the bike it slid for about 30 feet before it jumped the curb on its side. Front fairing is scuffed on the left(kick stand) side and has a small hole just above the ram air duct, the left side fairing is trashed(severly road rashed) ripped in two places by the stator cover(also trashed) and has one of the mounting bolts pushed right through it. Mirrors and turn signals are gone and the brake lever in bent in a U shape. But amazingly it didnt touch anything else.
As for me because of my riding gear Injuries are minor. Twisted ankle, knee is a little rashed and a fractured middle finger tip.
I rode the bike home though.
Just trying to make ya feel better about a few scratches.

------------------
99 1LE Hugger Orange SS A4 #3906 1 of 8 made 7 M6's and my lonely A4
mods:HPP3, 160 thermo, flowmaster catback, Direct flo airlid, NX wet kit, Yank 3600E, Grott headers
Stock Suspension, No weight reductions
Best N/A ET: 12.59@106.44
Best NOS ET:10.83@124.8
1.75 60' on motor
1.51 60' on NOS
Dyno'd 306hp/347tq(motor)
462hp/533tq(NOS)
a427tripwr@aol.com
Old 09-02-2002, 11:41 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99 1LE Hugger SS:
You were luckier than me, I laid my 00 CBR 600 down on wendsday. Turning a corner about 30 mph and hit something the bike didnt like.
Helment is scratched quite bad, leather is ripped and scuffed up, gloves are scuffed, shoes are ripped and my pants now have some holes.
Now for the bike it slid for about 30 feet before it jumped the curb on its side. Front fairing is scuffed on the left(kick stand) side and has a small hole just above the ram air duct, the left side fairing is trashed(severly road rashed) ripped in two places by the stator cover(also trashed) and has one of the mounting bolts pushed right through it. Mirrors and turn signals are gone and the brake lever in bent in a U shape. But amazingly it didnt touch anything else.
As for me because of my riding gear Injuries are minor. Twisted ankle, knee is a little rashed and a fractured middle finger tip.
I rode the bike home though.
Just trying to make ya feel better about a few scratches.

</font>
wow! That sucks bro...Well atleast your ok though..thats the main thing...

------------------