Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Want to have a DYNO at M7? Need at least 20 cars dyno tested on day of event!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 07:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

Exclamation Want to have a DYNO at M7? Need at least 20 cars dyno tested on day of event!

Hey, maybe we will have a mobile dyno at M7 after all.

We will need to have at least 20 cars to be dyno tested on the day of the event in order for it to be worth the portable dyno owner's time/effort/trip. The cost is $65 for 3 pulls with printout, which isn't too bad of a deal.

So, if you GUARANTEE you will make the event and you will have your car dyno tested, please reply here. Like I said, I need at least 20 cars tested that day in order for it to happen, so let's hear it! I need to know withing 5 days, so please don't hesitate to post!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is indeed the same company that I mentioned before in a not so positive light, but when I questioned him about the incident with Charles Washington's tire at Superfest (tire was cut on ramp while being loaded for dyno testing), he said that Charles never said anythhing about it and didn't realize he was totally at fault until it was too late. He said if Charles would have said something about it, he would have done whatever he could have to fix the situation.

Waivers will need to be signed in order to pull stating the the dyno owner is not responsible for mechanical failure while being tested (naturally) but IS responsible for the car while on the dyno, including being moved on and of the dyno.

Don't get me wrong, he is not careless and but sometimes things do happen, like with Charles Washington. I was assured that if something were to go wrong that is the responsibility of the dyno owner, the customer will be taken care of. He is fully insured and his dyno company is there under a contract with GM/Chevrolet (and GM guys will be there at the event).

He was actually a very cool guy to talk to. I get nothing out of having him there except for the satisfaction of adding one more cool feeature to the event, so if it doesn't happen, no biggie.

So anyway...

------------------
Jason Debler - Webmaster/Editor
CamaroZ28.Com * TurboBuick.Com * ChasingStanley.Com
2002 Camaro SS - DMS Springs and BMR Suspension coming soon!

[This message has been edited by JasonD (edited September 05, 2002).]
Old 09-05-2002, 09:07 PM

Can I dyno The ******* Wagon Figure one pull with the grille, one without and one with the air one I would Jason, but the motor will be out of the Red Rag already. Maybe my bro will go for it with his 98 bird. I will ask him
Old 09-05-2002, 10:44 PM

Talking

I'm in for this. Just no laughing at the V6

Also Jason, need to talk this weekend about M7.

Steve
Old 09-05-2002, 10:45 PM

dude, Im in. so long as the cars not broken by then. Im not going to the track till then (I dont think) so should be cool. been wanting to know what she puts down already. can we make adj. between the pulls? like timing or jets or anything? just curious. and will he have the optional exh. gas temp. probe thingy to tell if runing rich/lean? chris

------------------
1986 Iroc Z
355, cleaned up trick flow twisted wedge G1 heads, 750 holley, 700r4, 10:1 compr., forged flat tops, solidcam .501I .510E, 4gen rear w/3:73 posi, girdle, and disc's, Edel. torker II, shift kit, 2500 stal, hedmann LT. headers, 4 gen seats, man. strg., lt1 starter, alum. w/p, msd 6al, coil, dist., mallory wires.
12.86 @109mph so far(still need fine tuning)

1995 z28,SS Hood, Iroc style spoiler, tints and black outs, 700r4,2400 act. stall speed,B&M hammer shifter, 17" budnick trilogy III wheels, 275/40 ZR17, 160 stat, man. cooling fan sw., homemaid CAI,1LE elbow, hypertech airfoil, t.b.bypass,!cat, flowmaster, !maf screen, relocated batt., 1LE front l.c.a.s', poly trans and torq.arm bushings, MSD 6AL, custom program, p&p maf, accel coil, and under drive pulley

mods that i have, just not on car yet:
msd wires, edelbrock mid. headers, edelbrock rpm catback
Old 09-06-2002, 02:35 AM

Talking

i think it's a great idea to have a dyno there and i for one would love to have both of my cars put up at m7, but definately not if it's the same guys that go to superfest........not only do they seem to be extremely careless, they also seem to have no idea what the hell they are doing once everything is hooked up.

when the guy ran my car he actually forgot to put it in drive...twice. then they misplaced the cooling fan and also put a chip in my door getting in and out. they took a easily low 13 second car and said i had less power than a v6 on 3 runs....then the dyno only gave me 2-5 extra horsepower on a working 100 shot??

when i tried to complain or ask they check their computers they said that i paid for 3 runs and got them wether it read 2 horsepower or 1,000. i now have a sheet of paper that says my car makes 223 horsepower yet can run low 13's at over 110 mph?? biggest waste of money i've ever spent.....

sorry....i'm done. if it was anyone else i would do it; or if they even offered to retry or refund, but they didn't.

[This message has been edited by kandied91z (edited September 06, 2002).]
Old 09-06-2002, 05:03 AM
Administrator

How much would it be and would we actually even *have* time to run 20 cars there?

------------------
Chris Frezza / CamaroZ28.COM UBB Admin
2002 Camaro SS #1931
1995 Supercharged Camaro Z28
2001 Buick Regal GSE
Old 09-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kandied91z:
sorry....i'm done. if it was anyone else i would do it; or if they even offered to retry or refund, but they didn't.
</font>
Sounds like you have some valid points. I talked to them extensively and was assured that no one would walk away unhappy and if there is a problem to take it up with him directly. On top of that, if dealing with him directly doesn't work, came and see me and I will deal with it. If that doesn't work, I can talk to Settlemire who will be there. Again, he is insured and is there under GM's contract.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChrisFrez:
How much would it be and would we actually even *have* time to run 20 cars there?</font>
$65 for 3 pulls with printout. Yes, we would have time because he said it would take about 15 minutes per car.

Doesn't look like it will happen anyway due to lack of response. Like I said, if this doesn't happen, no biggie. It would just be cool to try and hopefully be an added benefit to the event.

------------------
Jason Debler - Webmaster/Editor
CamaroZ28.Com * TurboBuick.Com * ChasingStanley.Com
2002 Camaro SS - DMS Springs and BMR Suspension coming soon!
Old 09-06-2002, 06:50 PM
Administrator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Yes, we would have time because he said it would take about 15 minutes per car.</font>
No way in hell are they gonna be able to do a car in 15 minutes. I was at the Dyno at Superfest for about 2 hours on that Sunday morning and they were *lucky* to do a car every 30-45 minutes with 3 pulls.

------------------
Chris Frezza / CamaroZ28.COM UBB Admin
2002 Camaro SS #1931
1995 Supercharged Camaro Z28
2001 Buick Regal GSE
Old 09-06-2002, 09:29 PM

Red face

I definately need some tuning done and I'm curious to see what my car makes now BUT, i think it would just be easier to tune on the track. If we get more people interested and he comes out to the event, i'm sure more people would pay the $65 for some pulls at the last minute! I might be one of them, ya never know. Thanks jason!

------------------
Denny Villemure
1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible, 305 TPI, 2.73 Gear, Flowmaster 2 chamber. 15.60 on motor, 14.20 on a 75 shot from NX. Woo hoo!
www.denny.cz28.com