Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

FOR SALE: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - V8, AWD, MANY new parts, runs awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Arrow FOR SALE: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - V8, AWD, MANY new parts, runs awesome!

Putting my daily driver up for sale. I planned on driving it for a very long time, but I recently decided to get a new one so I need to get this out of my garage.

This pic was taken summer of 2011:

BASIC DETAILS
  • 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 AWD
  • 114,000 miles
  • Silver
  • 4.7l V8
  • Automatic transmission
  • Full-time all-wheel drive (Quadra-Drive)
FACTORY OPTIONS
  • Air Conditioning
  • Power Windows
  • Power Door Locks
  • Cruise Control
  • Power Steering
  • Tilt Wheel
  • AM/FM Stereo
  • Cassette
  • CD player (Single Disc)
  • Infinity Gold Premium Sound
  • Dual Air Bags
  • Dual Power Heated Seats
  • Leather seats (rear seats look like no one ever sat in them)
  • Power Moon Roof
  • Privacy Glass
  • Roof Rack
  • Towing Pkg
THE STORY
I purchased it with just less than 100,000 miles on it in July of 2010. Carfax was clean and still is. Has a clean title. In the year and a half that I have owned it, I have done/added the following to it:
  • New frameless front wiper blades
  • K&N air filter element
  • OEM Cabin air filter
  • Window tint
  • New front dash tweeters (factory ones were worn out)
  • Nifty Catch-All floormats (for both front and rear)
  • New radiator installed (by certified Jeep dealership technician)
  • New hood struts
  • New oil pressure sensor installed (by certified Jeep dealership technician)
  • New taillights (factory ones were all scratched up)
  • LED third-eye brake light
  • New heater fan control module (installed by certified Jeep dealership technician)
  • New wheels (Factory Jeep Wrangler)
  • New tires (Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor)
  • New Addco rear Sway Bar (makes it no longer handle like a big couch - HUGE uppgrade) (installed by certified Jeep dealership technician)
  • New Energy Suspension greaseable rear sway bar bushings (installed by certified Jeep dealership technician)
  • New Dynomax cat-back exhaust system (decent upgrade, sounds good, just a touch more aggressive than factory - installed by Midas)
  • New brakes all around (less than 250 miles on them!)
  • Complete coolant flush (last winter, done by Midas)
  • Recent AC recharge in September
The following has its own section in the post because the cost for parts and labor was over $3,500 alone. Paperwork is available for proof it was done:
  • Complete timing chain system overhaul/replacement including timing chain, tensioners, gaskets, etc. (All genuine Mopar parts, installed by certified Jeep dealership technician)
  • Complete rear end overhaul including ring and pinion, bearings, seals, axle shaft, u-joints, etc. (All genuine Mopar parts, installed by certified Jeep dealership technician)
  • New transmission input and output seals (All genuine Mopar parts, installed by certified Jeep dealership technician)
  • New front outer tie rod (All genuine Mopar parts, installed by certified Jeep dealership technician)
  • Recent alignment
POWERTAIN HEALTH
Starts, runs, and drives great. Has great power and still gets around 16mph in the city, driving normally without babying it. I don't drive much on the highway. Transmission shifts cleanly and smoothly. AWD is fully functional.

CONDITION DETAILS

Condition is decent. There are a couple of small rust spots under the beltline that will need some attention after the winter. The front and rear bumpers show some age, including the front where it took some minor damage before I purchased it (you can barely see it in the image above) and the rear has marks where a UPS driver ever so nicely clipped the rear bumper corner and rubbed some of the paint off (see list of additional parts that come with it below). Otherwise, all body panels are in good shape, line up decently, etc.

Interior is very nice for a 12 year old vehicle. Front leather driver seat shows some minor wear, but no major rips or damage to the leather. Passenger side front is a touch nicer. Rear seats look like no one has ever sat in them. They are perfect. Overall, interior is very comfortable. Heated seats get VERY warm.

Wheels are factory OEM wheels from a Jeep Wrangler and I get a lot of compliments on them. They look great on it.
Tires are awesome in rain, shine, or snow. With them and the V8 power and the full-time AWD, this Jeep sizzles through snow.
Full-size spare tire is used but in perfectly reliable condition.

All glass is in great shape overall. front driver and passenger window tint is dark enough to be comfortable, but not so dark it will attract unwanted attention. Power moonroof works flawlessly. Front headlights are a bit hazy (see list of additional parts that come with it below). Rear defroster works well. Rear wiper is slow but works.

Power windows, locks, etc. work fine. There is an aftermarket remote start on it but I am not 100% sure how to use it. Comes with two factory remotes and two aftermarket remotes.

I took very good care of this vehicle since the day I got it, nursed it back to health, and now it is ready for someone to come and get it. This thing is a beast in the snow, so now is the right time. Turn the key and drive.

BONUS PARTS!
As mentioned above, the rear bumper cover has been rubbed by a UPS truck. I have a brand new rear bumper cover but haven't painted it and put it on. Any body shop can do this easily. I can also recommend a good shop that I use exclusively that will treat you right.
I bought a pair of new LED/Halo/Projector headlights with matching LED/Halo fog lights that was looking forward to installing in the spring. I also have a decent quality HID headlight upgrade kit that I planned to install in the spring as well that will also go with it. Also included is a retractable OEM rear cargo area cover.

$7,500.
No trades.